Darron Gibson starts in Midfield

Started by Main Street, October 14, 2008, 06:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

It's a risk yes, but I'm sure Trappatoni is all to aware that for us to have any chance of beating Bulgaria or Italy then we need a better midfield pairing than waht we've has so far.   Gibson is making a name for himself at United and anyone who can do that is worth a rattle in midfield against the Cypriots.   

To compare Trappatoni's decisions to Staunton's is like comparing a concert pianist to a one-armed street busker.

donalmac99

why on earth has MS started this thread about a below average player, that should have no place in our squad, when we already have an official FAI thread?

Oh!!!! I get it he , unfortunately, chose to play for us ahead of the North... :-[

MS please stop posting new topics when in fact they are not 'new topics'  ::) it's not rocket science, it's actually quite moronic.

full back

Its fcuk all to do with you what topics Main Street starts

BTW, since when did ROI become your squad

More lies :-X

Main Street

Quote from: Uladh on October 15, 2008, 11:04:53 AM
Central Midfield really is a problem - a bit of granny hunting is required. theoretically we could have steven ireland and kevin nolan in there. could carsely not still do a job or even rory delap? surely there is a bit of ancestry in the likes of o'neill at middlesborough or o'hara at spurs?

Dunphy is gonna love reid being left out again
Midfield use to be a problem and when we did not have Roy Keane.
Trap is the first manager since Charlton to understand properly what's required at midfield in relation to rest of the talent that is available to the team.
Midfield is not just a matter of selecting any 4 midfielders.
We have had Ireland and Kilbane in CM and got overrun, conceeding 5 goals to Cyprus.
Trap is going with 2 solid CM, 2 attacking wide and a solid back 4 with conservative full backs
The wingers are good enough to provide the incisive attacking threat.
Then both the CM have to be good defensive tacklers, anticipate where to receive the pass and quick to lay off.
Carsley would have been called up this time but he got injured.

Andy Reid can't tackle.
Coming through are Chris McCann and Owen Garvan, both regarded as the best at championship level.
OHara is not eligible. Delap, maybe for the squad.

The Gs Man

Im telling ye, Marc Wilson has just made his Portsmouth debut.  He's a defensive midfielder and would be worth a shout.
Keep 'er lit

donalmac99

Quote from: full back on October 15, 2008, 12:21:58 PM

it's got f**k all to do with you what i post  ::)

ever heard of an ironic comment???

didnt think so but trust me you've made just another  :D :D  :D

(full back...try leaving your armchair, for once in your  life, and get to a game, you might even enjoy life outseide that pokey little grotto that you waste life in  :D )

Now brushing this full back character swiftly aside:

admin, any chance we can merge this topic with the main FAI thread as there is no need, as MS knows, for this to be an individual thread, esp with regard to the fact that Gibson is actually...shite.

Must dash, got a train to catch...off to see us hammer the mighty cyprus

later folks  :-*

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 15, 2008, 12:24:12 PM
Im telling ye, Marc Wilson has just made his Portsmouth debut.  He's a defensive midfielder and would be worth a shout.

He's a Centre Half G-man...Used to play midfield but Harry Redknapp has been training him to play Centre Back..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

full back

Quote from: donalmac99 on October 15, 2008, 12:30:37 PM

(full back...try leaving your armchair, for once in your  life, and get to a game, you might even enjoy life outseide that pokey little grotto that you waste life in  :D )

admin, any chance we can merge this topic with the main FAI thread as there is no need, as MS knows, for this to be an individual thread, esp with regard to the fact that Gibson is actually...shite.

yawn

Donagh

Like all good loyalist converts Uncle Tom, sorry donalmac tries to ingratiate himself with the OWC by playing to the extremes however he does cast a sad figure on OWC as he's always the only one without a match ticket.

Still as their soccer team hits the skids again that shouldn't be a problem.

illdecide

Quote from: donalmac99 on October 15, 2008, 12:30:37 PM

donal take you're face for a shite saan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on October 15, 2008, 11:15:17 AM
No the NI game is on sky sports.
Germany wales is the only one on free tv - BBC3

RTE is free to view as well - no?

Tbc....

Hound

I feel a bit sorry for Miller, as the idiots in the media have been telling him he's a shoe-in all week, but I am glad he's been overlooked. Great opportunity for Gibson, certainly a gamble, but its the right decision. He has a decent shot on him too, and as the attacking centre midfield man he's decent value for first goal. I hope O'Shea is kept at centre back.

The Gs Man

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 15, 2008, 12:41:27 PM

He's a Centre Half G-man...Used to play midfield but Harry Redknapp has been training him to play Centre Back..

What would you know???!!!  :D

Keep 'er lit

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 15, 2008, 12:52:23 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 15, 2008, 12:41:27 PM

What would you know???!!!  :D

I taught him everything he knows!   ;D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

Wilson is highly regarded by his manager but it looks like he will have to make the breakthrough at club level.
He is too old for the u21´s, is not part of the current senior squad or even part of the B team that played Notts Forest.