best mobile phones on the market???

Started by kinghen, October 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: Rois on March 24, 2009, 06:56:33 PM
iphone was delivered today but I'm in England so can't get playing with it  :(

I was definately offered insurance but it was very very expensive.   

i-phone insurance is £10/month. N96 has great features but a ball of scrap for breaking/freezing etc...
There's a new tocco ultra coming out in the next few weeks which has the option of a keyboard to text, it'll be the dogs balls!!!

ziggysego

There's a new iPhone coming out in July. A keyboard for texting on it too.
Testing Accessibility

thebigfella

Quote from: ziggysego on March 24, 2009, 11:08:32 PM
There's a new iPhone coming out in July. A keyboard for texting on it too.

Apple have not announced it but it looks very likely, to coincide with the 3.0 Operating System release. Also Apple generally sticks to release cycles and based on the previous 2 releases, it would be due a hardware upgrade. I would nearly bet my house on it not having an integrated keyboard for 3 reasons
- first, they are introducing functionality for the keyboard to be used in landscape mode, hardly worth bothering if you include an integrated keyboard;
- second, they are opening up the hardware licensing for using the dock connector. This will allow 3rd party peripheral manufacturers to to build mini keyboards to attach to it.
- Lastly, it will go against the entire design philosophy of the Iphone and it's interface.

There are rumors though it will incorporate multi core processors and support 7.2mbit hsdpa connection which in my opinion will be the killer blow to all other handsets and possibly the sony psp/nintendo ds. With that sort of platform, it opens up some interesting development opportunities.

lurganblue

Quote from: thebigfella on March 24, 2009, 05:03:57 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 24, 2009, 04:30:16 PM
i've been thinking about getting a contract phone recently myself and i was looking for some opinions on what the best phone available is?? i currently have an LG Viewty which i'm happy enough with but i'm a bit of a gadget freak and always looking for the new thing (its a curse).  i'm PAYG at the min using a genie card. the most of my money at the min is spent through web browsing so i feel a contract would suit.

is the iphone 3g as good as its hyped to be or are there better phones on the market?

Depends what you require from your phone?

For browsing it's easily the best phone on the market. Also the new OS released in July, looks as if it will address most of the gripes people have had against it. I would assume Apple are going to introduced an upgrade to the hardware as well based on their previous release cycles of products and the heavy discounting of the Iphone 3g at the moment.

i dont spend to much money making calls. i mostly use my phone for texts, listening to music and browsing the internet.  i have recently been seriously thinking about getting the iphone as it appears to be the best for browsing and ofcourse can do the other things.

having read a few posts here though i think i'll wait now for some of the new releases coming this summer.

118cmal

Does anyone know if I buy an iphone now will I get a free update if/when apple update it?

thebigfella

Quote from: 118cmal on March 25, 2009, 11:23:52 AM
Does anyone know if I buy an iphone now will I get a free update if/when apple update it?

Based on the last update, O2 allowed people to take an early upgrade but you had to pay for it and take out an 18month extension. You probably won't get a free update, unless you have one of the higher iphone tarrifs.

thebigfella

Quote from: lurganblue on March 25, 2009, 11:12:02 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on March 24, 2009, 05:03:57 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 24, 2009, 04:30:16 PM
i've been thinking about getting a contract phone recently myself and i was looking for some opinions on what the best phone available is?? i currently have an LG Viewty which i'm happy enough with but i'm a bit of a gadget freak and always looking for the new thing (its a curse).  i'm PAYG at the min using a genie card. the most of my money at the min is spent through web browsing so i feel a contract would suit.

is the iphone 3g as good as its hyped to be or are there better phones on the market?

Depends what you require from your phone?

For browsing it's easily the best phone on the market. Also the new OS released in July, looks as if it will address most of the gripes people have had against it. I would assume Apple are going to introduced an upgrade to the hardware as well based on their previous release cycles of products and the heavy discounting of the Iphone 3g at the moment.

i dont spend to much money making calls. i mostly use my phone for texts, listening to music and browsing the internet.  i have recently been seriously thinking about getting the iphone as it appears to be the best for browsing and ofcourse can do the other things.

having read a few posts here though i think i'll wait now for some of the new releases coming this summer.

Easily the best phone for what you want. Good discounts to be had at the moment, if you want to take a 3g version and based on what you want it will do everything you want and more. No guarantee they will update the hardware or if they do it will be worth updating to. The OS is a free update for Iphone users and the 3g supports all its features or there may be a chance you can upgrade to the new hardware even though you have just purchsed one.

illdecide

Ladies/Gents what do you make of the Sony Ericsson C905 phone?, i was thinking of taking this one when my new deal kicks in...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

blast05

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2009, 11:09:42 AM
Ladies/Gents what do you make of the Sony Ericsson C905 phone?, i was thinking of taking this one when my new deal kicks in...

Prefer the look of this one  http://www.sonyericsson.com/idou/

lurganblue

Lads I bit the bullet yesterday and signed up for the iPhone. I'm using it now. Haven't got messing with it too much yet though.
Finding it a bit hard to get used to text at the min.
All in all though it seems quite easy to use.
Any tips on good apps?

Midman

I'm up for new phone and am torn between the iphone and the new nokia 5800. I've mates with the iphone so have a good idea of how it is. Anyone have a nokia 5800 and can give me a users review?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

girt_giggler

I got the Samsung Tocco phone a couple of weeks ago. takes a little bit of time getting used to but now that i am I'm very impressed

ceol agus peil

The tocco is good but not as good as the iphone. Although it makes up for that with the brilliant camera.
Sent from my iphone