best mobile phones on the market???

Started by kinghen, October 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Quote from: Treasurer on October 27, 2008, 04:43:53 PM
I had just about settled on the N95 but I see it surprisingly doesn't have email.  Now looking at 6210 - knowing me I'll end up just going back for one the cheapest ones after wasting about 3 days reading specs!

Just to confuse you even further. The N95 does have e-mail. at least on the 3 network it does.
Its a good phone! can do pretty much everything, so long as you don't mind having a slightly larger than usual phone.

Treasurer

I'll check that out, the lack of email was what turned me off that one.

gerrykeegan

works for me on the n95
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Corporal

lurganblue

i have a sony ericsson w580i at the minute, when i got it about 8 months ago i thought it was a great phone. starting to lose signal very often now and i regularly miss lots of messages or get them days after they were sent.  is this a phone problem or a sim problem?

Bomber

Anyone recommend a Nokia non-slide mobile with a flash camera?? I was going to get an Nokia N73 but getting bad reports on here. Want a nokia with a flash and isn't a slide. Don't know if there are any out there??

The Real Laoislad

I'm thinking of going for the Blackberry Storm
You'll Never Walk Alone.

armaghniac

Quotei have a sony ericsson w580i at the minute, when i got it about 8 months ago i thought it was a great phone. starting to lose signal very often now

I got a Sony Ericsson W380i about the same time, it never gets a good signal, compared to my previous Sony Ericsson. I reckon Sony Ericsson have got so wrapped up in camera, music and irrelevant crap that they've forgotten that all this Internet etc is useless if the phone cannot pick up a signal!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Real Laoislad

Bought the LG Viewty yesterday,Well when I say bought it actually cost me nothing as I was upgrading.Seems like a grand phone and very easy to use,There is a fine camera on it 5megapixal which is great.
I have free internet usage for a year but I can't seem to pick up the 3G in Lucan,I had no problems getting it on my old phone which was the Nokia N73,which was the worst phone I have ever had,Just wondered do I need to turn on a setting or something on the phone? I have tried google but can't find any help.
Also is there any sites that offer free downloads for this phone,like software updates or games etc..
Alos I can't get the google maps option to work,but maybe thats due to the lack of 3G?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Friend of mine got the N96 a few weeks ago and loves it. Not as blunky as the N95.
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 18, 2008, 03:21:23 PM
Bought the LG Viewty yesterday,Well when I say bought it actually cost me nothing as I was upgrading.Seems like a grand phone and very easy to use,There is a fine camera on it 5megapixal which is great.
I have free internet usage for a year but I can't seem to pick up the 3G in Lucan,I had no problems getting it on my old phone which was the Nokia N73,which was the worst phone I have ever had,Just wondered do I need to turn on a setting or something on the phone? I have tried google but can't find any help.
Also is there any sites that offer free downloads for this phone,like software updates or games etc..
Alos I can't get the google maps option to work,but maybe thats due to the lack of 3G?

i got the viewty a few weeks ago and i must say that i'm more than happy with it. the camera is brilliant, with the auto focus and flash. i find it easy to use the touch screan and can text ok on it. i've no idea about the internet on it LL. it works ok for me, but then all i would use it for is checking the football scores or bebo.
i would be interest if anyone knew of any free software udates etc for it though. the wife just bought the LG Cookie which is cheaper but seems to have a lot more applications on it.

cornerback

Used to upgrade my mobile at every opportunity... but recently i've just kept the same phone because it worked 100% and gave me no hassle no matter how much abuse i put it through.  It's a sony ericsson but its been that long that i'm not sure of the model - w800i i think.

I'll probably upgrade soon tho and i intended sticking with sony ericsson given how my current phone has lasted. i was thinking about the C905.  Now having 2nd thoughts due to the posts here...

I also have the nokia 6500 classic for work - which is a grand phone as well.  The N96 is getting good reviews so that might be the way to go

Was never fussed on going down the touchscreen route but they seem to be getting good reviews on here, so i could be persuaded.

Any advise would be welcome.

FermGael

Was offered the Sony Ericsson C905 myself today by 02.
Have the N95 and wanted the N96 but the only tariff they do it on is £80 a month for a free phone.
Vodafone are doing a £40 a month tariff for the N96 with unlimited mobile interent.
But when i said i was going to cancel, they offered me alot and Sony Ericsson C905.
Managed to get them down to £25 per month, 1200 anytime, anywhere minutes, unlimited mobile interent( no fair usage policy) and a bolt on that lets you make calls in the south for the same price and recieve calls for free

Whats the Sony Ericsson C905 like?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Two Hands FFS

Anyone know what the Sony Ericsson C902 is like?? I got offered a good deal on it as I threatened to leave '3' network but I would prefer to get the Nokia 95 8GB but wasnt happy with the deals I was getting offered.