W5 Star Wars Rip-Off

Started by under the bar, October 13, 2008, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Took my nephew to W5 at last week where there was a Star Wars exhibition.   It was a fiver in and the fella who played Darth Vader in one of the films was there signing autographs and charging TWENTY QUID a pop! 

corn02

Please tell me this is just a stupid joke.

pintsofguinness

Interesting, did you dress up at all?  :-[
Did the "nephew" enjoy it? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

under the bar

QuotePlease tell me this is just a stupid joke.

I kid you not.  Some other charater I'd never heard of was there as well and he was also charging £20.  I told customer services it was ridiculous and they said that all their markeing literature stated that visitors would have to pay for autographs. 

rosnarun

thats a huge business in the stares now. was at a show like this that OJ decided to take some of his stuff back from but there was some confusion  and what with the kidnapping and guns and all he going to have a lot of time for autographs  now.
wonder will this push his price up even more
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Norf Tyrone

Besides the rip off was it any good UTB?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hardy

What are autographs for? What do you do with them?

under the bar

It was good but not as good as the dinosaur exhibition, although i'd not a sci-fi fan so wasn't expecting much.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on October 14, 2008, 11:19:54 AM
It was good but not as good as the dinosaur exhibition, although i'd not a sci-fi fan so wasn't expecting much.
I was gonna take #1 son to dino jaws on Sunday past there but w5 was closed. Def going this weekend though - recommended then?

under the bar

Yes def recommended.   W% on the whole is a great place bu you need to take a full day at it.  Get there early and then hgo out hand have lunch and come back.  We were there for about 6 hours and I enjoyed as much as the kids.