Pat Gilroy new manager - Poll for Dub fans Only Please

Started by under the bar, October 10, 2008, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with Pat Gilroy's appointment as manager?

Yes - good appointment
23 (41.1%)
No - bad appointment
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

under the bar

As a straw poll of the Dub board members on this new appointment.  

Non-Dub board members please do not vote.

the Deel Rover

not much interest under the bar  ;) and i didn't vote
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

I voted bad appointment.

Then again this is based on the guys total lack of experience.
Hopefully he will prove my skepticism wrong.
Ask me holy bollix

under the bar

Quotenot much interest under the bar and i didn't vote

Most Dub fans will be out grafting in the Gunness factory at this stage on a Friday, not sat their lazy-ass at a computer like you! ;) Count the votes on Monday and see how we are getting on.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: under the bar on October 10, 2008, 01:13:35 PM
Quotenot much interest under the bar and i didn't vote

Most Dub fans will be out grafting in the Guinness factory at this stage on a Friday, not sat their lazy-ass at a computer like you! ;) Count the votes on Monday and see how we are getting on.

now if you said drinking Guinness i believe ya but dub and grafting in the same sentence come on ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

paddypastit

I'm not a Dub so didn't vote but as a culchie living in the capital for 25 years I would make two observations - good appointment but the judgement should be as much about the legacy left behind rather than just the success acheived.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

under the bar

Quotegood appointment but the judgement should be as much about the legacy left behind rather than just the success acheived.

:-\

lynchbhoy

I voted 'good appointment'
reason being is that Gilroy will listen to Whelan who will be giving him the tactical plans and ideas.
Gilroy is an unknown quantity, but will be a shrewder man than the passionate heart over ruling  the head Caffrey.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 10, 2008, 01:07:27 PM
I voted bad appointment.

Then again this is based on the guys total lack of experience.
Hopefully he will prove my skepticism wrong.

Hopefully not
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Osama bin Dublin

I was concerned about mick deegan gettin the job,i feared he mightn't have enough experience,imagine my surprise when pat gilroy got it,it just doesn't make sense?I wish the boys all the best, but i fear for the future of dublin football.Sam 09 ???

The Real Laoislad

I think they made this guy manager because they know Dublin football is going nowhere fast so at least now when they fail again next year they can blame it all on the inexperienced new manager....
Smart hoors them Dubs  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2008, 10:06:35 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 10, 2008, 04:22:45 PM

Gilroy is an unknown quantity, but will be a shrewder man

How do you know this?
its just my opinion to be honest...

however gilroy is a fairly unknown quantity as a manger, and although I dont know him, I do know caffrey and shrewd he aint *...I'd hope and expect Gilroy couldnt be any less so

*Caffrey is a nice fella and footbal mad, cant fault him for his enthusiasm etc just a bit of an impulsive reactive hoor (like most of us really I suppose!)

ONeill

How can it be an opinion if you know nothing about him?

Be honest - you're talking shit again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

lynchy i think is saying that gilroy's business acumen and the fact he won all the medals in the game indicate some level of intelligence and knowledge of county football.he doesn;t believe caffrey had that (i'm not saying either way whether he did or not). I think people are missing the point about dublin football?
do we have the players?
Not convinced on that regardless of the manager.