Quarter-finals
Fermanagh or Down v Cavan
Tyrone v Armagh
Derry v Monaghan
Donegal v Antrim

Semi-finals
Tyrone/Armagh v Derry/Monaghan
Donegal/Antrim v Fermanagh/Down/Cavan

A non Armagh/Tryrone thread.  Looks wide open for Donegal, the top half of the draw is a real nest of vipers, I fancy expect Derry to come through.

cavanmaniac

From a Cavan perspective it's not a bad place to be I suppose, avoiding the big guns in what looks like a murderous other side of the draw. Now that Keogie Bear has left the building I think this draw will offer some encouragement to what will hopefully be an orderly, disciplined and motivated panel under Tommy Carr come next June. If we're in any sort of shape we should at least give either Fermanagh or Down a rattle, you would hope, any sort of a win anywhere along the line means anything else that follows iis a bonus. When you've sunk to the bottom, the only way is up.

The biggest fillip of all though is that the draw offers our minors a realistic shot at an Ulster final appearance as well, provided they're as decent as they have been for the last few years.

SidelineKick

Quote from: bennydorano on October 09, 2008, 11:51:29 AM
2009 Ulster Senior Football Championship draw

Preliminary round
Fermanagh v Down

Quarter-finals
Fermanagh or Down v Cavan
Tyrone v Armagh
Derry v Monaghan
Donegal v Antrim

Semi-finals
Tyrone/Armagh v Derry/Monaghan
Donegal/Antrim v Fermanagh/Down/Cavan

A non Armagh/Tryrone thread.  Looks wide open for Donegal, the top half of the draw is a real nest of vipers, I fancy expect Derry to come through.

I think that every year  :-[ land of the underachievers!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

corn02

Plenty of money to be made on each/wayers lads. IE Fermanagh and Down.

armaghniac

Ladbrokes don't offer each way, but they are not optimistic about Down as they are 25/1 for the Ulster championship! This is only second from the bottom as Antrim are lower. They seem to think the Armagh/Tyrone game will decide it as these are favourites.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

supersub

ha tyrone havnt had long to mull over their AI win! straight into discussion about next year already! down improved last year so hopefully they can push on from this but still a prelim round against fermanagh wouldn't have been the favoured draw!!

tbrick18

I said last year that I thought if we got over the first round Derry would win Ulster...look how well that turned out...but I'm going to make the same bold prediction this year again.
From the other side of the draw....I'm goin gto predict Down making it to the final. Think they made huge steps forward last year and everyone now knows what to expect from Fermanagh. As for Donegal...I know they have the players but I just cant see them doing well.
Derry v Down final for Damian Cassidy's first year in charge....Derry to win and make it to the semi's where we meet Armagh and bate them by a last minute point setting up a final with this years AI Winners Tyrone....Derry win by 27. :)
Of course this is the Carlsberg scenario....but sure we have to dream.