Car Question

Started by milltown row, October 08, 2008, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Didn't want to start a new thread... (but if I have to I will  :P)

Has anyone on here purchased a personalised number plate, english pre-fix style (e.g. P7 PLD)
I know you have to register it on an english donor car then transfer it to your NI registered motor, any hints or tips on how to go about getting the donor car??

Harold Disgracey

Anyone knnw where you can get a car radio decoded? Armagh area preferably, don't want to take it to a dearlership & get charged an arm & a leg. It's a siemens vdo cdr500 for an 05 astra.

Candyman

Did you check the manual?? The code is usually written somewhere inside...
If not the net is great for it, some may charge for this but if you look around u'll prob get it for free somewhere!!

Candyman

***BUMP***

Anyone any information about my number plate query???

maco

I got a personalised number plate about 5 years ago, and my wifes family got one for their youngest brother about 3 years ago. On both occasions I contacted a man in England who then put the plates onto a motorbike before transferring them. I should have his number somewhere around the house, so I'll do a bit of searching when I get home. It cost £100 both times - could be a bit more expensive now though.

under the bar

QuoteAnyone knnw where you can get a car radio decoded? Armagh area preferably, don't want to take it to a dearlership & get charged an arm & a leg. It's a siemens vdo cdr500 for an 05 astra.

And it fell off the back of a lorry no doubt! ;)

Wrap it in polythene and stick it in the freezer over night.  This will deplete the back-up batteries that store the code.  Let it thaw for a day then stick it back in the car and it will ask you for a new code.

QuoteAnother car question.  Where do you put the feckin antifreeze?

Where the water goes & I don't mean the windscreen washer water!  It's also the sme place as the coolant as already stated.

Harold Disgracey

Would've had to been a big lorry seeing at it's attached to the car! Had it serviced last week & whatever machine they were using didn't hold the code. There was no code in the manual hence my request.

maddog

Quote from: Candyman on October 14, 2008, 09:59:36 AM
If not the net is great for it, some may charge for this but if you look around u'll prob get it for free somewhere!!

Twice ive had this with cars when the battery was changed and on both occasions the code was written on the back of the radio if you unscrew it.

Candyman

Quote from: maddog on October 14, 2008, 11:18:41 AM

Twice ive had this with cars when the battery was changed and on both occasions the code was written on the back of the radio if you unscrew it.

U serious??

Is the code not a type of anti-theft device???

Bensars

I vaguely remember a story of putting the unit into the freezer for a while and it unlocks itself. Then again that may be something else

maddog

Quote from: Candyman on October 14, 2008, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: maddog on October 14, 2008, 11:18:41 AM

U serious??

Straight up

Is the code not a type of anti-theft device???