Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: never kickt a ball on May 31, 2009, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: Family guy on May 31, 2009, 09:18:30 PM
Who captained Tyrone 2day????

Ricey and he won the toss!

In an unrelated point, I have a cousin who has learning difficulties.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: gerry on May 31, 2009, 10:59:24 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: Big Mickey on May 31, 2009, 10:44:02 PM
on another points, no way shpuld gormely have got motm, as much i think he's great, clarke got the better of him, shudve went to justy instead
Was Clarke not held to one score (albeit a goal)? Surely that's a decent game for any defender.

RTÉ gave MOTM to Jordan.

Well who give it to gormley

I'm assuming Martin Mc Hugh and Jarlath Burns

ONeill

That was a fairly typical Tyrone May performance. Ring-rusty, lacking sharpness - you know they'll improve. Most of the team played well at times although Penrose found it hard to get going. O'Neill's free taking was a bit off but, as is the sign of a great player, he didn't sink his head into his chest. That was a great battle between him and Mallon - reminded me of Canavan/McKeever.

The likes of Cavanagh, Gormley, Mugsy, Ricey etc played well at times but also had their hairy moments. I thought Mickey would have rotated Gormey off Clarke around 55-60 mins although Justy looked shot in that heat. That was a great run from McMahon when he outpaced O'Rourke. He's a splendid footballer. McGinley just oozes class and that game will bring them on. Dooher and O'Neill the defender did well when they came on. Harte and Jordan have started well although Davy can still find himself bottled up. PJ was assured.

I wasn't impressed with Armagh at all. I think if they meet a decent side first time out, it could be lights out for them. Tyrone had something like 20 scoring chances in the first half (seems a bit high, maybe I'm wrong there) and it could have been embarrassing for Armagh. They hung in because they were allowed to.

All-in-all, a good run out before the Derry game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 31, 2009, 11:02:13 PM
Quote from: gerry on May 31, 2009, 10:59:24 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: Big Mickey on May 31, 2009, 10:44:02 PM
on another points, no way shpuld gormely have got motm, as much i think he's great, clarke got the better of him, shudve went to justy instead
Was Clarke not held to one score (albeit a goal)? Surely that's a decent game for any defender.

RTÉ gave MOTM to Jordan.

Well who give it to gormley

I'm assuming Martin Mc Hugh and Jarlath Burns

Enough said
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

A very enjoyable day out in Clones today, in the blistering sun. Burned to a crisp.

Tyrone showed flashes of brillances today, but a lot of work ahead of them for when they face Derry in three weeks times. Good clean football and none of the nonsense of last week.

I thought that Gormley had a good game today against Clarke, despite what Oak reckons :P

By the way, who was the boardie screaming at me today??
Testing Accessibility

Ping Pong Santa

Best team won today, to be honest I'm very pleased with the Armagh lads who busted themselves to get that close. I thought Tyrone were 10 points better than us today and should have won by more.

I see someone said Hearty did well, are you f**king serious? He is terriblle, no way is he Armaghs best keeper.

I thought we looked rudderless to be honest, I would get rid of McDonnell right now to be honest if were going to do anything in the qualifiers. Obviously its not going to happen but he is not going to take that team anywhere.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 31, 2009, 11:12:36 PM
Best team won today, to be honest I'm very pleased with the Armagh lads who busted themselves to get that close. I thought Tyrone were 10 points better than us today and should have won by more.

I see someone said Hearty did well, are you f**king serious? He is terriblle, no way is he Armaghs best keeper.

I thought we looked rudderless to be honest, I would get rid of McDonnell right now to be honest if were going to do anything in the qualifiers. Obviously its not going to happen but he is not going to take that team anywhere.

I think Mc Geeney would be perfect for that Armagh team in a couple of years, he is merely cutting his teeth with Kildare, the team is still young but the potential is huge.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2009, 11:10:23 PM
A very enjoyable day out in Clones today, in the blistering sun. Burned to a crisp.

Tyrone showed flashes of brillances today, but a lot of work ahead of them for when they face Derry in three weeks times. Good clean football and none of the nonsense of last week.

I thought that Gormley had a good game today against Clarke, despite what Oak reckons :P

Did they call you a weirdo by chance?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 31, 2009, 11:19:42 PM

No, but another wee f**ker did and his father watched on laughing  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Stevie Nicks

Better team won today but from an Armagh point of view we have a lot to look forward. If Vernon comes back in for the qualifiers, we have the best full forward in the country and Stevie will be better the next day.
On a side issue thought Kevin O'Rouke was unlucky to be subbed he was having a good day and looks a good prospect for the future.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2009, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 31, 2009, 11:12:36 PM
I see someone said Hearty did well, are you f**king serious? He is terriblle
I have to agree. Any time he got the ball, he hadn't a clue what he was at. More than this, the poor wee minor 'keeper must have read Hearty's goalkeeping manual on 'Dealing with a high ball'.

As in, how completely not to?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2009, 11:20:42 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 31, 2009, 11:19:42 PM

No, but another wee f**ker did and his father watched on laughing  >:(

I know . I was teasing.  ;D
Seen your FB update.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on May 31, 2009, 11:21:39 PM
Better team won today but from an Armagh point of view we have a lot to look forward. If Vernon comes back in for the qualifiers, we have the best full forward in the country and Stevie will be better the next day.
On a side issue thought Kevin O'Rouke was unlucky to be subbed he was having a good day and looks a good prospect for the future.

Ronan Clarke is good don't get me wrong, but you are being just a bit biased with this one.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 31, 2009, 11:38:16 PM
Quote from: Stevie Nicks on May 31, 2009, 11:21:39 PM

Ronan Clarke is good don't get me wrong, but you are being just a bit biased with this one.

Ok there is no doubt I would be biased but in my opinion he is the best.
Gormley a good defender had to resort to constant fouling and got sent off, between Clarke and Donaghy as to best full forward and I think Clarkie edges it. My main point was we aren't too far off the mark with our current squad.