Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

That would probably make more sense NAKA, AOR wont have the speed and mobility for the tyrone forwards, there cant be any passengers, Tyrone will throw the kitchen sink at us from the word go
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 27, 2009, 01:43:03 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 01:33:30 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 27, 2009, 01:25:07 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 12:55:10 PM
Take up poor in Dromintee I believe, but not sure. There will be 27/28 k there, a good crowd.

Lads a question, which is more central in the McGrane stand - section E or F?

I'll be surprised if there's 27/28k there.

I think we'll be lucky to get 20k.

Meh, I reckon they'll easily hit 25k, don't suppose anyone has a Clone section plan?

Had one Corn, trying to find the b**tard this past half hour, if i get it i will post it,

Cheers OB, seems elusive alright.

eireogatron

1.Hearty
2.mallon
3.donaghy
4.p.kernan
5.A.Kernan
6.C Mckeever
7.F Moriarity
8.mckenna
9.K Toner
10.Martin o rourke
11.B Mallon
12.P Duffy
13.mcdonnell
14.Clarke
15.T Kernan

This has been the line up doing the rounds in Armagh. Nippy back line with Finnian moved out to the half line for his ball carrying ability. P Kernan to man mark a certain dangerman. Duffy a major surprise, with T Kernan in for free taking expertise.

Have faith!

PS Onion Bag you are one pessimistic so & so lol!!

corn02

Quote from: eireogatron on May 27, 2009, 02:58:19 PM
1.Hearty
2.mallon
3.donaghy
4.p.kernan
5.A.Kernan
6.C Mckeever
7.F Moriarity
8.mckenna
9.K Toner
10.Martin o rourke
11.B Mallon
12.P Duffy
13.mcdonnell
14.Clarke
15.T Kernan

This has been the line up doing the rounds in Armagh. Nippy back line with Finnian moved out to the half line for his ball carrying ability. P Kernan to man mark a certain dangerman. Duffy a major surprise, with T Kernan in for free taking expertise.

Have faith!

PS Onion Bag you are one pessimistic so & so lol!!

P. Kernan on Cavanagh is very scray, but you never know it could be the making of him and I hope, if true, ho does a good job.

Bringing Finn Mo out to half-back is not the option, Shannon is a much better ball carrier, I don't like this 'get him out of the firing line, but keep him there' approach. People will point to his two goals, but he'll not get that chance on Sunday.

Would have rathered SK at 11 and Mallon on the wing.

We shall see.

eireogatron

finn Mo, although unimpressive thus far in the corner in 09, actually played good stuff on the wing. He's more of a threat than Shannon - who I think looks like he's running in quicksand at times - and is a far better option in this position, especially with his big game experience, and he has played the position for club and underage as well. Shannon is unlucky to miss out in CornerBack if this is the team but tactics and all that!

naka

corn i actually fancy kernan to do alright on cavanagh, whilst  our team is young we are experienced , AK,PK,TK,mckenna, all played in all ireland finals( albeit club).2x mallon, mc keever  u21 all irelands, , Toner and, Donaghy last years ulster final,  my only worry is lack of scores in the half forward line,

KEEP THE FAITH ARMAGH BY 2

nutsy--1

1.P Hearty
2.B mallon
3.B donkey
4.P.kernan
5.A.Kernan
6.C Mckeever
7.F Moriarity
8.D mckenna
9.K Toner
10.Mairtin o rourke
11.S Kernan
12.S Mc Donnell
13.R Clarke
14.J Kernan
15.T Kernan

To be honest we need to get the ball into the FF line and use the outlets either side of big Joe to get the scores. Backline has to be strong on the ball especially in the corners, need a big game outta Brian and Paul.

Heres hoping Tyrone stumble at the first block.

Armagh Maybe For Sam. Definitely for Ulster Though

full back

Didnt P Kernan mark the Gooch in the Club AI a while back & I seem to remember he done well on him

Wouldnt have any fears with Kernan

Fuzzman

Can anyone give us some backgorund on P Kernan as I can't picture him?
Where does he play for Cross?
Is he tall, strong, fast better than Francie?

I detect a bit more optimism from ye Orchard munchers which is welcome as ye were doing my head in this week whinging away there.
I hope its an exciting match anyway as we need a decent match to liven the championship up a bit

Tyrone are usually slow starters each year and remember last year we got off to a flying start with 2.05 on the board after 20 mins but then it all fell apart.

Will be interesting to see does McEnaney lay down the law early with a yellow card.

full back

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 27, 2009, 04:55:10 PM

I detect a bit more optimism from ye Orchard munchers which is welcome as ye were doing my head in this week whinging away there.

Ach, sure we are just happy to be on the pitch with the AI Champions
If we stay within 10 points we will consider it a good day

naka

Quote from: full back on May 27, 2009, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 27, 2009, 04:55:10 PM

Ach, sure we are just happy to be on the pitch with the AI Champions
If we stay within 10 points we will consider it a good day
agreed full back we armagh buckfast boys are just happy to be allowed to be in such exalted company as the undoubted team of the decade

longball

With all the focus on the players and management this week, who is fit or struggling, who will be in the starting 15, what tatics will management deploy etc. Personnally I would love to know what way a ref perpares for a big game. Do they put in extra sessions in the gym to ensure their fitness is up to scratch? Is he picking up a couple of local games in the past few weeks to ensure that his match sharpness is up to code?
What is going through Pat McEnaneys head this week? Will the Derry Monaghan game last week have any influence on the way Pat addresses or approaches the forthcoming Ulster match? As mentioned earlier would Pat be thinking 'first sign of trouble i'm gonna have to book someone'. Will he be meeting with his linesmen and umpires and instructing this is what I need you to look out for.
IMO a ref will be going into a game like this as focused, nervous and ready as any player, at the end of the day 9 outa 10 times the ref can be the talking point!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

3000 miles away

Paul Kernan played full back for cross this year in the AI club final, he's a tall lad bout 6"2 and very strong, he marked gooch in the 2007 AI ireland club done well on him, marked conleith gilligan of Ballinderry in that years ulster club final,dont think he scored from play off him but Sean Cavanagh is a toally different kettle of fish, he'll go down easier than wee gooch, he'll cry about everything and might be a wee bit too shrude for paul, if it did come down to a one on one battle, fair and hard i think paul would do well on him.

full back

Quote from: 3000 miles away on May 27, 2009, 05:05:43 PM
Sean Cavanagh is a toally different kettle of fish, he'll go down easier than wee gooch, he'll cry about everything

:o

Fuzzman

Beat me to it Full back

Why does Gooch not go down easy?
Yuk,dont wanna think about that!