Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on October 30, 2008, 12:48:42 PM
Orior, why are you telling me that? I'm against the parade too, pretty much for the reasons Feeney states. My point was that  holding a counter parade was not the appropriate response.

Oh, okay, fair enough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

Quote from: Donagh on October 30, 2008, 10:36:04 AM
Hardy you're missing the point that I outlined 46 pages ago. As the proposed route of this parade passes by two nationalist enclaves it will be impossible to ignore it due to the security operation which will be put in place before and after. The proposed protest is an attempt to keep a lid on the inevitable unrest and channel the protest in a more peaceful direction. However the Shinners were too late on the ball this time as the pace had already be set by Éirígí. They may keep their own protest peaceful, but while the SF heavy hitters are concentrating on keeping their own in line in the city centre, the real potential for trouble lies in the Markets and Short Strand where the IRSP and 32CSM will be organising the counter demonstrations   

Have you not missed the point re the fact that the parade doesn't actually pass by either of these areas? That was probably about 45 pages ago, before this thread got sidetracked.

Furthermore, had a big deal not been made of this, most people would still have been in bed on a Sunday morning. And the attendance at the parade (i.e. support) would most likely have been insignificant.

(P.S. Just for the record again, i do think the parade is daft and i was/am against the war in Iraq - but i wouldn't be going out of my way on a Sunday morning just to be confrontational.)

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 30, 2008, 01:36:49 PM
Hardy you're missing the point that I outlined 46 pages ago. As the proposed route of this parade passes by two nationalist enclaves it will be impossible to ignore it due to the security operation which will be put in place before and after. The proposed protest is an attempt to keep a lid on the inevitable unrest and channel the protest in a more peaceful direction. However the Shinners were too late on the ball this time as the pace had already be set by Éirígí. They may keep their own protest peaceful, but while the SF heavy hitters are concentrating on keeping their own in line in the city centre, the real potential for trouble lies in the Markets and Short Strand where the IRSP and 32CSM will be organising the counter demonstrations   

Have you not missed the point re the fact that the parade doesn't actually pass by either of these areas? That was probably about 45 pages ago, before this thread got sidetracked.

Furthermore, had a big deal not been made of this, most people would still have been in bed on a Sunday morning. And the attendance at the parade (i.e. support) would most likely have been insignificant.

(P.S. Just for the record again, i do think the parade is daft and i was/am against the war in Iraq - but i wouldn't be going out of my way on a Sunday morning just to be confrontational.)

In case you missed it:

"it will be impossible to ignore it due to the security operation which will be put in place before and after"

Main Street

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 30, 2008, 12:06:11 PM
Yet again EG your facts are wrong. When the Taliban took power in Afghanistan, the export of Heroin dropped to record lows. The Taliban were totally against drug use as per their strict code of sharia law. Anyone caught with drugs would have their head cut off!  When the Taliban were overthrown and the heros from the US and UK joined forces with the northern alliance (another bunch of nasty butchers) heroin trade got up to highest levels ever experienced by Afghanistan as local warlords found that no one was policiing their activities and so selling heroin again was the crop of choice. There is zero evidence that the Taliban or Al Quaida were selling drugs to fund war efforts. Of course, the invading armies would like to tells us otherwise.
EG is just swallowing NATO propaganda wholesale.
The Taliban were able to reduce the opium production in 2001 to a trickle with the help of the UN, ironically.

Now the propoganda is that the Taliban are responsible for the supplying of 90% of the worlds supply of Heroin.
The reality is that the Warlords and their armies control the production and the export.
In some areas the Taliban can collect a tax on the growers.
The Nato forces are in league with some of the Warlords in the South and tolerate their opium production in return for other favours which support Nato.
Not only that but if Nato did all of a sudden decide to wreak havoc on the growers and drug Warlords they would most certainly risk total alienation in Afghanistan.

It is estimated that about 500,000 people earn a decent enough salary by Afghan standards through the opium production.

It is a direct serious consequence of this invasion of Afghanistan that thousands of tons of Heroin flood into the impovershed urban areas  around the world.

Though this is a diversion from the political ploy of the holding of and the location of celebrations for the returning British soldiers from this dirty war.
There is nothing to celebrate about this war nor should any animosity be directed at these soldiers.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 29, 2008, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on October 29, 2008, 05:13:31 PM
EG, due to whats happened in the past I've decided to refrain from any interaction with you from this post on, which includes posting to you directly, commenting on your posts or replying to your posts directed to me.

Its for the best.

It was a simple, unperjorative question, entirely objectively phrased. Perhaps if someone else asks the same question, you will feel able to answer it?

"EG, due to whats happened in the past I've decided to refrain from any interaction with you from this post on, which includes posting to you directly, commenting on your posts or replying to your posts directed to me.

Its for the best"
Ask me holy bollix

Maguire01

Quote from: Donagh on October 30, 2008, 01:39:45 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 30, 2008, 01:36:49 PM

In case you missed it:

"it will be impossible to ignore it due to the security operation which will be put in place before and after"

No, i didn't miss the bit in bold - i was referring to the fact that the parade does not 'pass by two nationalist enclaves'.

And yes, of course there will be a visible security operation, but there will be no need for anyone to be trapped in their homes, so lets not sensationalise this element.

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 30, 2008, 06:21:23 PM

No, i didn't miss the bit in bold - i was referring to the fact that the parade does not 'pass by two nationalist enclaves'.

And yes, of course there will be a visible security operation, but there will be no need for anyone to be trapped in their homes, so lets not sensationalise this element.

Whether there is a need to and whether the RUC will mount an OTT operation is two different things. You and I know fine well that when it comes to these two areas robocops will be out in force. I was once trapped in a shop on the Ormeau Rd when a landrover backed up to the door with the engine running, in order to prevent people going near a parade. There was no need for them to half choke me and the ten other people in the shop that morning but they did it all the same.

Whether there were to be protests or not, both the Short Stand and the Markets would be ringed with RUC from about 6 hours before and after this parade and that is not sensationalist. Given the history and experiences of both areas, that is unacceptable.   

BillyMc

Quote from: Donagh on October 30, 2008, 07:46:14 PM
Whether there is a need to and whether the RUC will mount an OTT operation is two different things. You and I know fine well that when it comes to these two areas robocops will be out in force. I was once trapped in a shop on the Ormeau Rd when a landrover backed up to the door with the engine running, in order to prevent people going near a parade. There was no need for them to half choke me and the ten other people in the shop that morning but they did it all the same.

Whether there were to be protests or not, both the Short Stand and the Markets would be ringed with RUC from about 6 hours before and after this parade and that is not sensationalist. Given the history and experiences of both areas, that is unacceptable.   

Did they settle out of court?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: BillyMc on October 31, 2008, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 30, 2008, 07:46:14 PM

Did they settle out of court?

Settle what out of court?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Donagh

The British Army have decided to leave their weapons and aeroplanes back in Britain while the Shinners have altered their protest to give them a bit of distance.

Meanwhile eirigi have changed the timing of their protest:

The Watcher Pat

I heard that all right but just wondered what it had to do with "court"?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

BillyMc

Quote from: Donagh on October 31, 2008, 01:10:22 PM
The British Army have decided to leave their weapons and aeroplanes back in Britain while the Shinners have altered their protest to give them a bit of distance.

Meanwhile eirigi have changed the timing of their protest:

Now the word is out and it looks like the hoods are going to take Belfast apart, they want to distance themselves from the impending trouble. "RIR Britain's murder machine" I have a question for you Donagh, how many innocent people did the RIR kill in Northern Ireland and how many did the IRA kill?

Answer it if you can.

Donagh

Quote from: BillyMc on October 31, 2008, 01:17:57 PM

Now the word is out and it looks like the hoods are going to take Belfast apart, they want to distance themselves from the impending trouble. "RIR Britain's murder machine" I have a question for you Donagh, how many innocent people did the RIR kill in Northern Ireland and how many did the IRA kill?

Answer it if you can.

Tell you what Billy, if you are still around these parts to reach 1002 posts I'll answer that for you.

his holiness nb

Any word as to whether the UUP councillor Neil Armstrong will be attending the parade to support the troops he hopes will kill me and other posters?
Ask me holy bollix

TORGAEL

BillyMc, whats that got to do with the subject being discussed ? What do we have here, a newly registerd member, trying  to be a WUM ?