Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Not hard to be undefeated when you're murdering women and children.

Is it over already?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tonto on November 02, 2008, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 02, 2008, 01:07:52 PM
Are any of the Gaa Board vigilantes going to the march?
Yep, just back.  Great to see the young lads looking proud as they marched through their city, "reminding Sinn Fein what an undefeated army really looks like".

:)
It's good that you went for the right reasons.

Tonto

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2008, 01:15:37 PM
Yep, just back.  Great to see the young lads looking proud as they marched through their city, "reminding Sinn Fein what an undefeated army really looks like".

I certainly did and I was planning on going long before Gerry and the Troublemakers organised their protest.

I only added in the quote because it was in the Irish Independent(??) last week.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

pintsofguinness

Yep, just back.  Great to see the young lads looking proud as they marched through their city, "reminding Sinn Fein what an undefeated army really looks like".

Exactly, he's probably gone to annoy the taigs though I suppose it's better than going to honour and support child and women murderers (there'll be a march for Gary Gliter next  ::)) bet he's got his poppy on too.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 02, 2008, 01:25:40 PM
Yep, just back.  Great to see the young lads looking proud as they marched through their city, "reminding Sinn Fein what an undefeated army really looks like".

Exactly, he's probably gone to annoy the taigs though I suppose it's better than going to honour and support child and women murderers (there'll be a march for Gary Gliter next  ::)) bet he's got his poppy on too.
Sorry to disappoint, POG, but like most people I went down to beside City Hall and once the parade was over I left, didn't see any protesters at all which was good because it would have taken away from the sense of occasion I think.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute to the veterans fund and get a poppy because I didn't see anyone collecting.

pintsofguinness

QuoteSorry to disappoint, POG, but like most people I went down to beside City Hall and once the parade was over I left, didn't see any protesters at all which was good because it would have taken away from the sense of occasion I think.
How many child murderers did you see?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

I'm glad to hear it all went off peacefully. I was there was going to be trouble makers at it from both sides.
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ziggysego on November 02, 2008, 01:49:05 PM
I'm glad to hear it all went off peacefully. I was there was going to be trouble makers at it from both sides.
Indeed ziggy, there were a lot of big mouths in a bar I was in last night saying how they were going to do this and that etc.  Fortunately, they were probably still in bed nursing their hangovers this morning.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

A bit of selective reading there hs.  Take it into context and then you can see a different story altogether.

At one point Sinn Féin protesters and supporters of the parade were less than 100m apart.

There were brief skirmishes and a number of bottles were thrown, however, police moved in to restore calm.

Police stopped a separate dissident republican counter parade from marching into the centre of Belfast at the bottom of the Falls Road. They dispersed after a number of speeches were made.

Oh and I live within eyeshot of Divis so I knew there had been no trouble there from the bunch of misfits calling themselves Eirigi. 

mournerambler

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but here we go anyway.
When the 'Minister for Sport' for the North of Ireland was asked if he would be attending the All-Ireland football final back in September, he said that he wouldn't be attending with one of his reasons being that it was on a Sunday, how funny it is then that when the MOD organise a military show of strength on a Sunday that the bould Gregory is one of the first hoors out cheering them on ??? ??? ???

Donagh

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 02, 2008, 01:55:22 PM
Oh and I live within eyeshot of Divis so I knew there had been no trouble there from the bunch of misfits calling themselves Eirigi. 

I was very impressed with the éirígí protest. Very far from the rabble and spides some people would have you believe. It was a disciplined and dignified protest with representation from all parts of Ireland - good to see so many making the early journey up from Dublin and Cork. Not one Celtic shirt on display and even Hardstation would be impressed by the amount of Gaelic being spoken among the crowd. In music terms you could say it was more Damian Dempsey than the Wolfe Tones.

Fivetimes now supports British troops marching on Irish streets. Whatever next...