Derry City 3 Linfield/IFA 0

Started by T Fearon, October 07, 2008, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Many years ago Glenavon would have a mixed support. One day in the 80's they decided to fly the union jack at their ground and my mate said "Feck that" and never returned.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

his holiness nb

Id a mate who played for them. A Dub. His missus wasnt the cleverest, she went to see them in a cup final and we asked her what it was like she said "great but there was loads of fenian bastards around".

Couldnt make it up.
Ask me holy bollix

winsamsoon

His holliness i find it hard to fathom how anyone could be shocked by the behaviour of the linfield fans last night. Now i am not on here to slate all the fans because i know there are genuine people that follow each of the teams but there is a scum element and sectarian element to all the teams. Some are worse than others, linfield supporters would be renowned for being very bitter and i guess they lived up to their reputation last night. There would also be bitter elements to Bangor, Glenavon, Coleraine, Cliftonville.. Ok i will stop and just say all of them. The whole idea that sport can exists separate from these games is only a myth. The media and the IFA try to potray that this sectarianism has ceased to exist but in reality to the thug element it is the sectarianism that keeps it alive for them. For the scum bags it is not about going to watch a football match. The majority of the talk would centre around the other section of the crowd. The media and the IFA should now come out and call a spade a spade instead of trying to try and hood wink people into believing that everything is rosey in the garden. Tell the people that it is not ok and that the bigots need to be withdrawn. It is time for real action and the lies must stop because the lies are not making things any better.

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Gnevin

Quote from: nifan on October 07, 2008, 02:07:45 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2008, 02:04:23 PM
All the same apart from Newy and Cliftonville.

Nationalist good, unionist bad
freestaters out of touch  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hoof Hearted

i had the misfortunate of being in ballymena showgrounds one friday night approx 15 years ago, maybe more. had nothing else to do so i took a wee run in, 20 minute drive and watch the football. needless to say i havent been back to an irish league ground since !! the ballymena and cliftonville fans hurled abuse at other from start to finish, very little people were watching the match. obviously, things havent changed too much. but i suppose its the same in every country, not just ireland. there is an element attached to EVERY club in EVERY country who couldnt give a flying fcuk about football.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

stew

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 07, 2008, 02:55:09 PM
i had the misfortunate of being in ballymena showgrounds one friday night approx 15 years ago, maybe more. had nothing else to do so i took a wee run in, 20 minute drive and watch the football. needless to say i havent been back to an irish league ground since !! the ballymena and cliftonville fans hurled abuse at other from start to finish, very little people were watching the match. obviously, things havent changed too much. but i suppose its the same in every country, not just ireland. there is an element attached to EVERY club in EVERY country who couldnt give a flying fcuk about football.

Ah sawker fans continue to sully the game they claim they love. Linfield are at it again but FFA is alive and well and thriving even though the top two clubs in the six have fans that are the most sectarian in Europe. You couldnt make it up.

Disgusting bahaviour from the scum element among the linfield supporters but does anyone on here really expect anything different?

The IFA should be hammering Linfield for this behaviour, they should have sanctioned Tobermore united heavily after what went down there and instead they sit on their unionist/loyalist hands and do nothing that might offend the billy boys element that go to irish league games.

Shame.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

His Holiness, is your mate Paul Byrne, once of Celtic fame?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2008, 04:09:56 PM

Now Tone thats stretching it by anyones language!  ;) :D ;D
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2008, 04:09:56 PM

Its not Tony.
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

his holiness nb

Tony, I slagged off his missus so for the sake of his / her privacy I wont say.
pm'd you instead.
Ask me holy bollix

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stew on October 07, 2008, 04:08:37 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 07, 2008, 02:55:09 PM

Ah sawker fans continue to sully the game they claim they love. Linfield are at it again but FFA is alive and well and thriving even though the top two clubs in the six have fans that are the most sectarian in Europe. You couldnt make it up.

Disgusting bahaviour from the scum element among the linfield supporters but does anyone on here really expect anything different?

The IFA should be hammering Linfield for this behaviour, they should have sanctioned Tobermore united heavily after what went down there and instead they sit on their unionist/loyalist hands and do nothing that might offend the billy boys element that go to irish league games.

Shame.

Dont be surprised by anything the IFA do...A few years back my local team (Derryhirk Utd) got to the final of the IFA Junior Cup where we played Lincoln Court from Derry.

Where did they deside to hold this match? At Coagh Utd FC..A bus load of our supporters went up to the match only to be confronted at the gates by about 100-150 supporters waving Union Jacks in our faces, and subjection us to a barrage of abuse.  Not really the IFA's fault the behavior of the fans...When we finally went into the social club we were confronted with a mural to Billy Wright.

What a place for a final between 2 teams from different sections of the community....Football for all (as long as you dont mind Sharing a drink after the match beside a Billy Wright mural)

P.S We beat them quite easily  ;)

Oh and their fans wrecked a Hunger strike memorial and assulted a old man on the way home......

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

winsamsoon

yet you continue to play the game watcher pat??? I can't understand people that know exactly what the whole organisation is about yet continue to promote it so much. If you played for Derryhirk i would pressume you are from around the lurgan area??? You go into a pub on a saturday or sunday in lurgan and it is full of guys bending over backwards to get to play on the saturday. It is also full of ones drinking and watching the rest of the soccer on tv. Ask them to turn on for example the All Ireland minor reply final and see the fuss it causes and the amount of dickheads you have to listen to because you are not watching the soccer.

I don't think you can be part of organisation that has so much hatred and on the other hand criticise it. If the likes of Derryhirk and other clubs refused to play in their leagues and stopped paying their referees and paying for the up keep of their pitches. The teams could all get together and put in a formal letter of complaint about sectarianism and how it is still very much alive and well. Not only that but it is a key element that drives certain teams on. Instead the Derryhirks, Craigparks, Lurgan Uniteds and the rest all put up with it and bury their heads in the sand.This will never solve the problem so dn't be suprised the next time you go to coagh and drink the tea with Billy.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mc_grens

Tony, as a Derry City fan since we returned to senior football it pains me that the only person to mention the team itself on this thread is you.

We don't need to be an excuse for you to biggot bait. Lets see you post a celebratory thread when we beat Bray or somebody like that to secure European football. Somehow I can't see that thread appearing.

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 07, 2008, 01:28:23 PM

Whats the deal with IFA club fans, are the Linfield ones by far the worst?

What's an "IFA club" anyway?

Reprehensible behaviour from a section of the Linfield support which has reared its ugly head again after a period of quiet (and genuine efforts at Linfield to tackle such things).

On the football field - great night for Glentoran, looked dead and buried a few weeks ago having fielded reserve teams against Derry and Linfield and blown points at St Pats. Looking forward to seeing show we fare at Drogheda...and either Cork or Derry in the final :)