Ulster Club Senior Hurling Championship 08

Started by Two Hands FFS, October 06, 2008, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Team 1   Team 2   Venue   Date   Time   Referee   Comment

Ballygalget (Down)    Keady (Armagh)    Casement Park Belfast Antrim   12/10/2008   13:45   John Devlin   S-Final   
Kevin Lynchs (Derry)    Cushendall (Antrim)    Casement Park Belfast Antrim   12/10/2008   15:30   Declan Magee (Kilclief)   S-Final

The referee in the 2nd semi final is going to start alot of debate  :D

milltown row

Deccy aint the worst. should suit Cushendall i think. Kevin Lynches will not finish this game with 15 men

Lecale2

That's unfair. Deccy has his critics but he's not that bad. He does get picky and this is not the game to be pickie in. Let's see how he gets on.

Whitehair

Sorry for the hijack but I dont really see the need for another thread, here's the Junior and Intermediate fixtures.

Ulster Club Intermediate Hurling Championship
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Castleblayney (Monaghan)  Liatroim (Down)  Dungannon 12/10/2008 15:30 Owen Elliott S-Final 
Eire Og (Tyrone)  Gort na Mona (Antrim)  Davitt Park, Lurgan 12/10/2008 15:30 Tiernach Mahon S-Final 

Ulster Club Junior Hurling Championship
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Ballela (Down)  Setanta (Donegal)  Dungannon 12/10/2008 13:45 Garrett Duffy S-Final 
Lisbellaw (Fermanagh)  Mullahoran St Josephs (Cavan)  Ballybay 12/10/2008 15:30 Ray Matthews S-Final

lynchbhoy

Quote from: milltown row on October 06, 2008, 08:56:01 PM
Deccy aint the worst. should suit Cushendall i think. Kevin Lynches will not finish this game with 15 men
someone said that last year too...and were proven to be compeltely wrong !
however KL's were not dirty at all and if anything it was the Dunloy boys who were possibly the more aggressive on the day !

btw - theres no 'e' in Lynch's

Hope we can give yous a better game than the last time we met in the championship 2 years ago.
Lucky enough to get a replay the first day, but were outclassed the second day.
We def 'could' have beaten Dunloy last year , but the exp those hardy hoors have won through in the end.

Hope we can up our perf again from the Derry final and see what happens. Hope its a good game - though dont care if its a sh*te game and we win - though its still only the semi final and balgalget wont be easy for anyone.

Kevin Lynch's Abu ! :)

johnneycool

I still fancy the Lynch's for some reason especially with the recent and possibly impending pish of rain descending on Casement even though Cushendall will be better suited to their physical approach. Is Ciaran Herron midfield for the Lynch's?

nrico2006

I am thinking the same - him and K Hinphey were in midfield for the Derry final.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lynchbhoy

Quote from: johnneycool on October 09, 2008, 04:13:08 PM

I still fancy the Lynch's for some reason especially with the recent and possibly impending pish of rain descending on Casement even though Cushendall will be better suited to their physical approach. Is Ciaran Herron midfield for the Lynch's?
Herron was mf in the Derry final. Wouldnt put it past the KL management to change things around though.
KL's are still not in top gear yet (well not in the Derry final) but are getting better with each game.
However if they are not playing their best on sunday , they wont win. They know this. Antrim champions are always good.

I think you mistake KL's game these days, its not the physical style it was for example two or three years ago.
Not saying they are soft, but its more skill based these days by comparison.

milltown row

Lynchboy, how has Ciaran Herron fitted into this team? hes a quality player. would he be the thing that could make the difference this year?  Cushendall i'm sure have got rid of the celebrating and re-focused for the match. had they played a week after i'd have went for the Lynchs. what time is the match at? we've a game before hand may only see the second half

Two Hands FFS

Paddy Power
Ulster Senior Hurling Championship semi finals
Ballygalget v Keady 13.45

Ballygalget    2 - 7

Draw    12 - 1

Keady    5-2

Cushendall v Kevin Lynchs 3.30

Cushendall    2 - 7

Draw    10 - 1

Kevin Lynchs 11-4

milltown row

great price for the Lynchs, keady may not be the force  they were a couple of years ago but could also spring a shock

lynchbhoy

Quote from: milltown row on October 10, 2008, 06:52:22 PM
Lynchboy, how has Ciaran Herron fitted into this team? hes a quality player. would he be the thing that could make the difference this year?  Cushendall i'm sure have got rid of the celebrating and re-focused for the match. had they played a week after i'd have went for the Lynchs. what time is the match at? we've a game before hand may only see the second half
hes blended in well - but he is a quality hurler after all and youd expect that.
KL's could be better than the last couple of years ,but a lot of inj and a season spent trying out players in diff positions (hence they lost the league and league playoff) has left the side imo still gelling. They are getting better with each game, but its possible that they would need another match to hit top form - which would have been absolutely perfect if drawn against a decent Armagh side rather than the two big guns of Antrim or Down.
I just fear that tomorrow is a game too soon for our lads, but they are nearing top form so I coud be wrong as usual and just fearing the worst as I tend to do before each game!
Its this management teams first year and the side has been completely changed around (personnel and positional) from previous seasons.
Herron inspires them so that again could lift them tomorrow.

Two Hands FFS

Jeez LB..you are playing down your team bigtime. I know KL have made changes this year but in the last two years you have ran both Cushendall & Dunloy very close & i'd expect the same again tomorrow. Alot will depend on what form the Cushendall forwards are in. I'd expect to see a very tight hard hitting match.

Abble