Heading away for a while ...

Started by sail_in, October 04, 2008, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Maybe i'm wrong! im not 100%

Carmen i'll take ure word for it! ???
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

maggie

is it true that after you are 30, you cant get a 1 year visa for Oz or is that an urban myth?

lynchbhoy

the J visas have not been issued yet - I rang the us embassy last week and they told me to keep watching for this on their website

H1B visa sounds interesting Carmen, though I expect banking is no longer high on that list of desired careers !

ziggysego

I heard it was 27 maggie, an odd number
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

Arthur_Friend

So looks like it was you who was talking bollocks eh Pat?

maggie

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 05, 2008, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: maggie on October 05, 2008, 12:20:31 PM
is it true that after you are 30, you cant get a 1 year visa for Oz or is that an urban myth?

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/working-holiday-visa.aspx

Thanx Carmen-goin to be 27 next month so i better get a wriggle on then!!

mannix

dont bother tipping unless you are going to be a regular. its a disgrace that anyone should count on tips for a living though.
the great american way.

ziggysego

What the f**k you all thanking Carmen for? I said 27! Yet again someone on this board steals my credit!
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: mannix on October 05, 2008, 09:35:26 PM
dont bother tipping unless you are going to be a regular. its a disgrace that anyone should count on tips for a living though.
the great american way.

If they start paying decent wages to the barmen and wait staff, the prices of beer and food will go up. I'm not saying its better than the Irish way, its just different. And if you don't tip, especially in NYC, expect some angry taxi drivers and restaurant and hotel staff.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ziggysego on October 06, 2008, 01:18:53 AM
What the f**k you all thanking Carmen for? I said 27! Yet again someone on this board steals my credit!

Ziggy its 30 thats why!

maggie

Quote from: ziggysego on October 06, 2008, 01:18:53 AM

It was actually Carmen that posted the link that said you can get a visa up until you are 30.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Orior

Anyone else here spent a summer in Wildwood, New Jersey?

Best time ever!

I worked just off the boardwalk, on a tourist visa. Trickey enough getting through customs in JFK. I'd enough money for a 2 week stay, then changed my flight once I got there. Had a dear old aunt to vouch for me.

And then there was the grass. Top quality stuff.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donagh

Quote from: Orior on October 06, 2008, 11:49:33 AM
Anyone else here spent a summer in Wildwood, New Jersey?

Best time ever!

I worked just off the boardwalk, on a tourist visa. Trickey enough getting through customs in JFK. I'd enough money for a 2 week stay, then changed my flight once I got there. Had a dear old aunt to vouch for me.

And then there was the grass. Top quality stuff.

Worked a game on the boardwalk for a while before jacking it in for a stint in the Harbour Bar. No visas, all cash in hand - and easily came by at that...