GAA's coming abhaile...Ard Mhaca tonight!

Started by T Fearon, October 01, 2008, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I don't care wht they were speaking. That man will haunt my dreams tonight. He's a feckin baboon or the like. Jesus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bensars

Nah that was probably the wan's from south derry !

emainmacha

He's only a young fella O'Neill, thought ya big enough and mean enough not to worry about wee lads  :P First time I've taken photos under floodlights and if was still at school would have "could do better" marked at them, but there a few I was happy with.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

emainmacha

nope it a red hoodie, if it the same guy you mean. If click on all sizes above pic can get bigger image and if click on original will get full size image, I've cropped some of them but others are full size so fairly large, will get some noise in some of the larger images because of being taken under floodlights

Doire abú

What was the Ulster panel like and what Derry men were on?

Bomber

Quote from: AFS on October 01, 2008, 11:44:08 PM

Armagh won by a point. 2-11 to 0-16.

Don't mean to be harsh but that is a disgraceful result. How an Ulster team with plenty of quality in it like that couldn't beat that Armagh team is bewildering. Them Armagh lads are mostly players without any experience looking to break into the Armagh squad.

It may only have been a challenge match but do players not have any pride in playing for their province anymore. Fair play to the lads, they all travelled from across Ulster to play but they are good enough to hammer that Armagh team, yet they lose? Now I wasn't at the match so I can't say how the team played but the result said enough. I don't accept this end of long season, first time playing together as a team, don't know each other well enough slant. Each of those Ulster players should have won their own battle that should have meant an easy victory for them.

reddgnhand

Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2008, 11:20:22 PM
Thon boy in the hood is scaring me big time. What the feck is he?

Did Paddy try any keepy uppy's tonight.

Off The Fence

Went up to the game last night and it was bucking freezing.  Couldnt have enough layers on you!.  Poor game to say the least and Ulster would seem to have alot of work to do.

Thankfully I didnt need a programme last night as I was standing beside two oul fellas who knew nearly every one of the Armagh Team.  Correct me if I am wrong here but i think there was a fella Murray playing wing half back? Well he had a pretty tough time of it. 

Big fella for Armagh in forward line looked good and Armagh won some decent ball round the middle but you have to question this Railway Cup.  Seems like boys just show up for the craic!  Couple of prospects perhaps for next year?  Where were the boys who didnt get playing last year?  I thought Armagh had  a panel of 32 or 33 players.  Boys not playing in championships and that?  They barely had 15.

Could anyone name the Army Joe Kernan had on the line bar Banty, McCloskey and Scullion? J

T Fearon

An historic evening alright....sinn feiners and stops mixing in the stand and terraces,without even a hint of trouble ;D

Last night brought 2002 all back, queueing in the Ceannarus to greet the team etc. I hadn't been in the Athletic Grounds since.

In spite of other comments here I thought both teams invested a lot of effort and a few lads on the young Armagh team showed huge potential, and at last we have a stadium to be proud of.

PS Dooher and Davy Harte played for Ulster. Didn't I tell you yesterday that a few Tyrone players would have to be drafted in to make up the numbers ;D

orangeman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2008, 08:58:58 AM
An historic evening alright....sinn feiners and stops mixing in the stand and terraces,without even a hint of trouble ;D

Last night brought 2002 all back, queueing in the Ceannarus to greet the team etc. I hadn't been in the Athletic Grounds since.

In spite of other comments here I thought both teams invested a lot of effort and a few lads on the young Armagh team showed huge potential, and at last we have a stadium to be proud of.

PS Dooher and Davy Harte played for Ulster. Didn't I tell you yesterday that a few Tyrone players would have to be drafted in to make up the numbers ;D

Was Gregory there ?  ;)

Candyman

Quote from: emainmacha on October 01, 2008, 11:21:14 PM
Was at the game, hence the photo link  ;D

Are you Barry Toner by any chance? Or even from Granemore, because every other photo seems to include him...  ;)

T Fearon

No.

If I have one criticism about last night it was the c**k up made at the pre match orations. Our Chairman neglected to thank the company responsible for erecting the lights and had to speak again at half time to correct this.

Similarly the guy promoting the Friends of Armagh initiative, said that the cost of joining was £300 a month (as opposed to £300 per year :o)

Small points I know but they do detract from the occasion and could easily be avoided with a bit of care and preplanning

armaghniac

QuoteIf you think losing to the Armagh C team is a bad result you obviously didn't hear that they got hammered by Crossmaglen, a club team, albeit a very good one, by about 8 points last week.

In fairness Cross' probably have as many regular Armagh players as the version of the team that played yesterday. It would be great to see a few newcomers competing for the Armagh squad and if they are forwards then even better. That Paddy McKeever might be worth watching  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Shane ONeill Dromintee or Cullaville?

Murray, is that the boy who was on the Underdogs before?

Feeney is one of the brightest prospects in Armagh.