GAA's coming abhaile...Ard Mhaca tonight!

Started by T Fearon, October 01, 2008, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

The City of Armagh (from the Irish: Ard Mhacha meaning "The Height of Macha") is an ancient religious site of worship of both celtic paganism and Christianity, and the oldest of the five cities in Northern Ireland, and the county town of County Armagh. Armagh was granted a Royal Charter by Queen Elizabeth II in 1994, and City status was officially re-conferred in 1995. Armagh is the least populated city in both Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland. It had a population of 14,590 people in the 2001
In your Endo!

Doire abú

Aye thats all well and good wfr, but where's "Ard Mhaca"?
:D

orangeman

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

kickingmule

::) ::) ::) how did armagh get on the year??? .......jez forgot about them!   ???

In the Onion Bag

Arma 2008?
Well they have got new floodlights and the PSNI have issued a notice to all the locals so they will not to confuse the light up with Christmas.

Over the Bar

QuoteBe there and witness history being made

History indeed.  The last county in Ulster, if not Ireland itself, to get floodlights!

The Iceman

good to see it at long last - will definitely be taking a visit to the field when I am home to see what it looks like
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Drove up past it this evening with floodlights on at full beam. Seems a good job and there were plenty of cars parked up on the roadside by McAnerney's so hopefully a good crowd turned up.

emainmacha

Was a small enough crowd at the match though the pitch is in good shape and everyone there had a good time. Finished Armagh 2-11 Ulster 0-16
Here's a link to some photos if anyone is interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157607649047401/

ONeill

Thon boy in the hood is scaring me big time. What the feck is he?

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

emainmacha

emainmacha

One thing I noticed and thought was great to see, as I went in there were a number of people to the left of the wee lad in the hood who where all speaking what sounded like one of the baltic languages, seemed to be enjoying the game too. Hopefully the game is spreading into the visitors to Ireland communities.