outlook express help

Started by his holiness nb, September 30, 2008, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Setting up an eircom e-mail address on outlook. I had it set up before on the computer but it was switched ages ago.

When I hit "send and receive" it asks for my username and password. When I enter this, it asks again, and again!

Can anyone help?
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Turn firewall off. Did this on me a few times. The nice boys over on OWC helped me sort it out.
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

What anti-virus do you use? Turn it off and try downloading emails then. When you turn anti-virus back on after downloading emails, it should work after that.
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Bit of a problem I had auto update running and it installed a new version of Outlook express, I had loads of e-mails i needed and all my addresses have disappeared. I dint really want to do a system restore, is there any way of retrieving these?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Quote from: Square Ball on November 06, 2008, 06:53:53 PM
Bit of a problem I had auto update running and it installed a new version of Outlook express, I had loads of e-mails i needed and all my addresses have disappeared. I dint really want to do a system restore, is there any way of retrieving these?

Just in case it happens to any of you, File>Import and Export>Import from another programme or file, next> click on your previous version of outlook, next.

and Bobs you mas brother
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid