DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMcGinn recounts some of the stories of harrassment endured by us Nordies during the Troubles and reiterated the point made by Peter Quinn (before he was cut off by that c*nt Kenny on The Late Late Show) that "we did not feel that we always got the support and backing of our southern comrades and at times felt we were the blacksheep of the family".

Did he go into specifics on what he meant by "support and backing" and how, exactly,  they were treated as "blacksheep" ?

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on February 02, 2009, 08:55:36 PM
Fcuk it. It's not working and I couldn't be arsed with it anymore.

was on tg4 Station there now

ziggysego

Quote from: milltown row on February 02, 2009, 09:00:12 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 02, 2009, 08:55:36 PM
Fcuk it. It's not working and I couldn't be arsed with it anymore.

was on tg4 Station there now

WHAT???? AH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

wdusln

highlights on tg4 website on the live player then sport

magpie seanie

A really enjoyable evening on the whole. The excellent score taking of O'Neill and Cavanagh was the playing highlight as well as Marty Duffy punishing Whelan for faking injury. I'm worried though that there was no/very little tackling in the game. The whole celebrations were well done. I'm not someone who finds Hector that annoying so I though he did a good job. Overall I was very proud to be Irish and a GAA man leaving Croker on Saturday night.

Zapatista

Just watched it on setanta there (interweb was down so I couldn't warn ye). Great game! I watch the 08 quarter the odd time to cheer myself (cheers Gerry) up but on a whole that was better entertainment. Bernard Brogan is going to be the next Dublin great.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on February 02, 2009, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on February 02, 2009, 06:09:40 PM
I must give mention to the 112-page special match programme produced last Saturday night.....some great reading in it.  From a Tyrone perspective, the articles by Noel McGinn, Peter The Great and RTE's Tom McGurk are excellent.

McGinn recounts some of the stories of harrassment endured by us Nordies during the Troubles and reiterated the point made by Peter Quinn (before he was cut off by that c*nt Kenny on The Late Late Show) that "we did not feel that we always got the support and backing of our southern comrades and at times felt we were the blacksheep of the family".

The Great One also referred to this in his article: "I was disappointed to see in one televised commemoration of the GAA's anniversary that there was a reluctance to reflect upon the hardships the GAA faced and the struggles of great men and women who gave their lives and many who lost their lives in order that our cultural identity could be maintained in the tradition of our great Gaelic games."

Tom McGurk, meanwhile, recalled how he "first donned the jersey of Brocagh Robert Emmets and began my football career in East Tyrone on the shores of Lough Neagh".  He also recalls having to change behind ditches, although failed to mention the curse of the loughshore flies and midgets and the infamous rivalry with his near neighbours from the Hill.  

Great programme alright.

Something that stood out for me was on page 55, the wee interview with Ciaran Whelan.
Who will lift Liam MacCarthy in 2009?
Cork look the form team!

What was that about?

An attempt at humour?

Azzurri

For any of you interested, I've uploaded the actual television coverage of the fireworks and lights display.

You can dowload it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/193086187/gaa_fireworks_F6_FastStart_512K_5147.flv.html

Note that this is an flv file and some of you may need to download an flv player aswell.
I'm using real player

ziggysego

Quote from: Azzurri on February 02, 2009, 10:23:21 PM
For any of you interested, I've uploaded the actual television coverage of the fireworks and lights display.

You can dowload it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/193086187/gaa_fireworks_F6_FastStart_512K_5147.flv.html

Note that this is an flv file and some of you may need to download an flv player aswell.
I'm using real player

Good lad yourself Azzurri :)
Testing Accessibility

Azzurri

Quote from: ziggysego on February 02, 2009, 10:55:18 PM
Quote from: Azzurri on February 02, 2009, 10:23:21 PM

You can dowload it here:

I'm using real player

Good lad yourself Azzurri :)

no problem. ill try to get up a wmv version of it. converting it at the moment

maggie

Quote from: Azzurri on February 02, 2009, 11:00:36 PM

I love these technical kids.

Azzurri

Quote from: maggie on February 02, 2009, 11:27:59 PM
Quote from: Azzurri on February 02, 2009, 11:00:36 PM

I love these technical kids.
..........so do I. wmv.......is a version that will play in windows media player.........which most people have and its way better quality

Canalman

Liked Whelo's replies in the Player Profile section.

Answered Tomás Quinn when asked who his favourite former player was.

Remember some years ago he replied under the "Best Advice for Youngsters".............Always wear a tracksuit when going to training on Thursdays to make sure you don't end up in Coppers' at 3am that night. 

Never a truer word put to print.

Azzurri

maigheolad

Watched on Setanta and it was a brilliant advertisement for the GAA. The start, game and aftermath. Tyrone looked great and once again look the team to beat - as last year they look the fittest team in the country and this showed going into the latter part of the game.

Maigheolad