DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 31, 2009, 10:08:08 PM
That display of fireworks would make ya proud to be a Gael, some show. I wish I was there. Fair play to Jarlath Burns and Co for having the balls to go through with something so ambitious, with loads of people complaining about it.
The new rules are getting a real thumbs up by McGee and Earley. I'd hold fire on them for now. Credit Marty Duffy tonight though, he was superb (never thought I'd say that!)

LL - spotted Mulligan doing that gesture in the team circle at the end. As classy as his celebration in front of the hill.

Hardly call staring at the hill a "celebration"

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 31, 2009, 09:13:09 PM
Typical Mugsy - the only one to swap his jersey.  

Surely not possible to be the only one to swap a jersey?

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2009, 10:12:32 PM
That display of fireworks would make ya proud to be a Gael, some show. I wish I was there. Fair play to Jarlath Burns and Co for having the balls to go through with something so ambitious, with loads of people complaining about it.
The new rules are getting a real thumbs up by McGee and Earley. I'd hold fire on them for now. Credit Marty Duffy tonight though, he was superb (never thought I'd say that!)

LL - spotted Mulligan doing that gesture in the team circle at the end. As classy as his celebration in front of the hill.

The thing is, he didn't apply the new rules.  He refereed like he aways did because if he hadn't, we might have had two or three sendings yellow cards.

Jinxy

Was at the game lads, just back in the door now.
There's only one word to describe the whole evening.
Perfection.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 31, 2009, 10:18:12 PM

The thing is, he didn't apply the new rules.  He refereed like he aways did because if he hadn't, we might have had two or three sendings yellow cards.

Agreed with regard to the yellows. McGee and Sean Cavanagh could have went. But the general decision making over what was a free and what wasn't was spot on I thought.

Celebration might be the wrong word, gesture so I guess. Still I hate that shit. Spat on the ground as well in the middle of starring at the Hill. No need
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

new devil

Its a habit he has while playing..a lot of players do
Why do you think he was trying to disrespect the hill by spitting on the ground??

Tyrones own

I think i'm the second to ask this but what stream were you boy's watching where you saw him spit
cause I didn't see it either..not saying he didn't.. I just didn't see it.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

full back

Cracking game
Wee Marty did alright in the middle but as someone said he didnt really apply the rules, more common sense
BTW, great to see a player get booked for that diving sh1te, although how ironic was it that Jordan was standing over Whelan complaining about it :-\

new devil

I was watching it on setanta and he has his back to the camera so didnt see any spiting

new devil

Quote from: full back on January 31, 2009, 10:32:43 PM
Cracking game
Wee Marty did alright in the middle but as someone said he didnt really apply the rules, more common sense
BTW, great to see a player get booked for that diving sh1te, although how ironic was it that Jordan was standing over Whelan complaining about it :-\

FB are armagh ones still crying about that  :P

RedandGreenSniper

I was watching it on Setanta on the TV. The way he spat whilst starring beligerantly at the hill looked like contempt to me. But best to park it, wrong thing to be talking about after such a great night for the GAA.

pintsofguinness

Cracking game

Dont forget cavanagh was complaining too, more irony!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

It was Setanta I was watching also and I didn't see him spit ??? are you sure?
  - Walter Lippmann

RedandGreenSniper

Ya. But, as I said, I don't wanna be making an issue of it. It didn't look good but not worth worrying about in the greater scheme of the night

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 10:35:25 PM
Cracking game

Dont forget cavanagh was complaining too, more irony!

Coming from a man that supports a team that includes Martin O'Rourke.... How's that for Irony! :P
  - Walter Lippmann