DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Declan

QuoteWhile not whinging I thought the ref got 2 crucial decisions wrong in the 2nd half which went against us........the Keaney "hip" and the Paul Flynn (I think) overhead handpass.....both wrongly penalized imo

Yeah I was screaming at him for those ones alright

longrunsthefox

Fantastic occasion... some good points taken not a hit put in... God help us if the championship is like that.

Jinxy

The Keaney one was deffo not a free out, but the Flynn handpass was and in fairness the ref pulled someone else up for doing the same thing earlier.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jimmy14

Quote from: Gnevin on February 02, 2009, 12:43:38 AM
Quote from: Jimmy14 on February 01, 2009, 11:21:16 PM
What an occassion positives far outweighed the negatives.
Has given Dublin some hope towards the future!
Well done to the GAA!
Hope ! Where you at the same match I was . Tyrone were in second gear for most of the game, their point scoring was unreal. Dublin as usual dropped their heads after their goal . Wanted to have every player touch the ball before taking a shot from 2 yards out .
Eh 2nd gear perhaps two teams who have not done much training might explain that! Fantastic game end of January!
Seen an awful lot of worse champo games!
Don't think B Brogan or Sherlock can be guilty of that!
"Dropped their heads" seem to remember Dublin coming back twice in the game to take the lead, before being sucker punched by Tyrones experience and class!
Do you not think so?

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 02, 2009, 11:38:14 AM
Yo! Ziggy-are you out there dude? I met your Dad... you stood me up at the match. I was in Jurys with my two cubs but no Zigster tho I aint sure wat you look like tho you did promise to wear a pink carnation. Was one woman with carnation...weren't you in drag was it?...
Anyway I was introduced to your Dad in Jurys tho he don't know I am the Fox. He said, 'There's some quare stuff on that GAA Board.'   You missed a good nite...

Yeah, that was me fox. However I copped a good look at you and to be honest.... kept my distance, you looked a dangerous sort. I sent my father over to suss you out and he came back saying that he felt liked you watched "Deliverance" too many times.

Anyway, the toot-toot dress you were wearing was nice, but your hairy legs turned my stomach.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

I f***ing hate that dog Zigster. Was that you in the background singing the Rare old Times before falling over a table of drink and being thrown onto Jones Road. Your Dad seemed embarrased... 

An Fear Rua

Quote from: heffo on February 02, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 02, 2009, 12:17:21 PM
20 min aftermatch highlights available here

http://www.tv3.ie/sport.php

anyone found the match highlights on line??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/newsindex.html

Thanks Heffo, but thats Ireland only, and all Im seeing is the link for next week?
cheers
AFR
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

AFR, I think the TV3 link works all over.
Testing Accessibility

heffo

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 02, 2009, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 02, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 02, 2009, 12:17:21 PM
20 min aftermatch highlights available here

http://www.tv3.ie/sport.php

anyone found the match highlights on line??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/newsindex.html

Thanks Heffo, but thats Ireland only, and all Im seeing is the link for next week?
cheers
AFR

Schoolboy error on my part - forgot about the RTE restriction

Last night program is there alright if you could connect..

croker

I see excellent copies are available at McGirrs Spar shop Omagh ;)

Fuzzman

Some great reports and positive feedback on the last 20 pages folks.
Been a long time since we had such a feel good factor thread like this so again well done one and all even if Hector might not have been the best choice for that role

A lad at work told me this morning that half way through the fireworks this lad jumps up and shouts

"FCUK the Recession"!

I watched it again yesterday & there were some amazing scores, especially the one from my clubmate Stevie and that great one from McCullagh
He wasn't as good in the second half but you just feel that small skillful players like him can really shine with these new rules

It was great to see so many neutrals there as well with even Derry and Armagh fans behind their fellow Ulster men

I fear that if this poor weather continues then it will be back to reality when Kerry comes to Omagh in 2 weeks time.
What was I saying about Mugsy & goals on Friday?

Redhandfan

I must give mention to the 112-page special match programme produced last Saturday night.....some great reading in it.  From a Tyrone perspective, the articles by Noel McGinn, Peter The Great and RTE's Tom McGurk are excellent.

McGinn recounts some of the stories of harrassment endured by us Nordies during the Troubles and reiterated the point made by Peter Quinn (before he was cut off by that c*nt Kenny on The Late Late Show) that "we did not feel that we always got the support and backing of our southern comrades and at times felt we were the blacksheep of the family".

The Great One also referred to this in his article: "I was disappointed to see in one televised commemoration of the GAA's anniversary that there was a reluctance to reflect upon the hardships the GAA faced and the struggles of great men and women who gave their lives and many who lost their lives in order that our cultural identity could be maintained in the tradition of our great Gaelic games."

Tom McGurk, meanwhile, recalled how he "first donned the jersey of Brocagh Robert Emmets and began my football career in East Tyrone on the shores of Lough Neagh".  He also recalls having to change behind ditches, although failed to mention the curse of the loughshore flies and midgets and the infamous rivalry with his near neighbours from the Hill.  

Our Nail Loney

Have to say it was a great nights entertainment on the whole, I have some class pictures of the fireworks on my phone...

Was poised waiting for the Down crest to come on the pitch but, not for the first time, I went too early and got the Donegal colours

:-\