Sligo - some assistance please :)

Started by ardmhachaabu, September 25, 2008, 05:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

My wife and I are thinking of moving to Sligo in the next couple of years.

Could anyone recommend a paper to look for jobs and houses in?

I haven't been able to find too much online so I thought I would ask here...
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

heineken_on_tap

Try the Western People, it is primararly a Mayo paper but would include jobs in the Sligo area. Any of the main recruitment sites e.g. www.irishjobs.ie allow you to check per county as well. For houses www.daft.ie is a good bet

magpie seanie

The Sligo Champion has an appointments page which is worth a look. Remember that parts of Donegal, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo are not too far away either as locations for jobs.

stevo-08

what type of prefession are you and your wife in? The Sligo champion would be best local paper for jobs. Also, a few recruitment agencies around too - collins mcnicholas (http://www.collinsmcnicholas.ie/jobsinsligo) & skillfinders (http://www.skillfinders.ie/) are two that spring to mind.

Are you looking to rent a house or purchase. The sligo Weekender paper is usually a good place for rental properties, The Sligo champion good for buying. Also a load of estate agents - Oates Brehony Group, Sligo Estates, Gunne, GHQ.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 25, 2008, 05:53:59 PM
what type of prefession are you and your wife in? The Sligo champion would be best local paper for jobs. Also, a few recruitment agencies around too - collins mcnicholas (http://www.collinsmcnicholas.ie/jobsinsligo) & skillfinders (http://www.skillfinders.ie/) are two that spring to mind.

Are you looking to rent a house or purchase. The sligo Weekender paper is usually a good place for rental properties, The Sligo champion good for buying. Also a load of estate agents - Oates Brehony Group, Sligo Estates, Gunne, GHQ.

Up in Gurteen  there is always jobs for pig farmers and sheep herders.
ta se mor

magpie seanie

If you do come to Sligo and want to join a GAA club do NOT join St Mary's!

stevo-08

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2008, 05:59:46 PM
If you do come to Sligo and want to join a GAA club do NOT join St Mary's!

well said seanie. good advice.

ardmhachaabu

Thanks for the replies folks

stevo, i work as a systems admin, my mrs can turn her hand to most things, she is a well accomplished lady whereas i just t**ker with machines  ;)

magpie seanie, why not st marys?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

milltown row

Sligo!!!! good on ya ardmhachaabu, theres bound to be computers down there, but beware big MARY MAY GET YA

ardmhachaabu

Hahaha milltown.

You still there mate?  I hear Stevie is down the street and the big doll went mad when he told her

mylestheslasher

www.ccprecruitment.ie

They are pretty good. Work up that way myself. What are you looking for...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 25, 2008, 09:43:15 PM
www.ccprecruitment.ie

They are pretty good. Work up that way myself. What are you looking for...
Anything in the line of computers such as building, repairing etc or even some systems administration, exchange 2000 and isa 2000 would be specialities of mine

mylestheslasher

Well in the Sligo area there are a couple of decent size companies that might be worth sending in the cv to...

Abbotts have two plants on the north side of the town. There a medical device company incase you don't know.
Lotus Automation install and maintain large automation lines in a number of companies in Ireland. They are based in Finiskiln Ind Park
Pro Tek Mould medical components

in ballymote

Tente - they make wheels (castors)

In Grange

SF Engineering - seller of equipment for food industry

In Boyle you have Ansamed, medical extrusion company

In carrick on Shannon (45 mins away) you have MBNA, credit card company.

in Ballina (1 hour away)

Hollister (medical device company)
Ballina Beverages - i.e. Coca Cola

Abbotts would be the best company to work for of all these and Coke is also a good company .Those are of the top of my head. Good luck.

ardmhachaabu

magpie seanie

Seems to be a few GAAboarders about the Sligo area. Perhaps the Christmas Gaaboard drink in Sligo once mooted by Teeling Gaels could take place this year?