Good Idea - Stats

Started by interestedingaa, September 25, 2008, 02:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interestedingaa

Hey look at this site: www.gaastats.com.  I think this is what the GAA has been looking for.

corn02

Nice plugging there. What would be the adnatage, seems to just be a place to store your stats?

interestedingaa

Yeah but it prints off a report so the players/mangers can review the stats for the game.

corn02

But do the people come out an record them. What is the difference in say putting them into word for free?

interestedingaa

The software running on the PDA is used to record the match stats in real-time.  A teams statsperson would be standing on the side of the pitch recording the action as it happens.  The days of the paper stats are over :)

feetofflames

actually ggreat collection of utube vids on that site keep er lit.  This is just what the GAA needs. 
Chief Wiggum

full back

What are the approx costings for an average size club?

interestedingaa

Quoteactually ggreat collection of utube vids on that site keep er lit
lol

QuoteWhat are the approx costings for an average size club?
The cost of the software is £400 sterling.

awideisneverasgood

Is there a trial version available?

interestedingaa

No trial version is avalable at the moment.  I have been involved in software long enough to know thats how people rip off your idea.
- Not saying that you would lol  :)

Contact me through the web page and I can arrange to demo the software at one of your matches.  Several clubs and schools have been using this software for well over a year now.  They are amazed at how easy it is to use and how the players respond to real 'black and white' facts.

corn02

Ok I am being dumb here and missing the whole point. What you mean recorded in real time?

corn02

PS I know what real time is, I mean the concept here?

corn02

Wait had another look sort of get it now.

interestedingaa

'real -time' is just a fancy word for saying 'when it happens, record it'.  It means that once the game is over you have all your stats ready to print out.  You do not have to watch a video or anything of the match afterwards.

Bogball XV

is this not going a bit far for amateur club players?