swan fed firecracker

Started by mannix, September 25, 2008, 10:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

i see on the irish independent where a swan was given bread with a firecracker in it, he had it in his beak and bang, very funny?
what kind of yokes are being dragged up in ireland today?

and the culprit will joke about it and even if caught will get a slap on the wrist, society is returning to the gutter.

Minder

Quote from: mannix on September 25, 2008, 10:05:33 AM
i see on the irish independent where a swan was given bread with a firecracker in it, he had it in his beak and bang, very funny?
what kind of yokes are being dragged up in ireland today?

and the culprit will joke about it and even if caught will get a slap on the wrist, society is returning to the gutter.

Im not sure it has been out of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Shocking story alright and some nasty pictures with it.

If anyone wants a look here you go:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/young-swan-put-down-after-act-of-extreme-cruelty-1481464.html

BE WARNED PICTURES MAY OFFEND!

Down Gael

Read this on boards.ie yesterday evening. Sick bas*ards.

thejuice

there's a lad thats from about home that set fire to cats when he was young , grown up to be a pure sc**bag, every other night you'd hear about him getting a kicking in some nightclub or pub.

sick bastards whoever do these things, brought up without respect or morals
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mylestheslasher

I will never understand why people can do acts like this to innocent, harmless animals. I'd love to catch one of them at it and give him a serious kicking. Only problem is there is no agency that will put down little scumbags like this.

Hardy

Nasty. When I was young, kids would put a straw up a frog's arse and inflate it until it burst. It never seemed to bother anybody and adults would just go "boys will be boys". There never used to be headlines in the papers about it and people weren't saying society was going to the dogs. But surely that's at least as bad as trying to blow up a swan. It's also perfectly legal to poison rats by feeding them a substance that causes an excruciating, slow death by internal bleeding. But nobody give a rats ass about the rats. Yet if you poisoned a cat, you'd maybe go to jail. If society is going to be outraged about cruelty to animals (and I think it should) we could be a bit more consistent.

Tony Baloney

When I was growing up there were a couple of lads enjoyed catching cats and swinging them round by the tail before releasing them into a wall a la an athlete throwing a hammer. You have to worry about the mentality of someone who would do this to an innocent creature.

ziggysego

Sick people. There's something wrong with their mentality and they'll end up growing up to bad 'uns.

I've known people to play football with puppies. Turned by stomach.

I agree with Hardy, condemnation should be across the board for all animals, not just the cute fluffy ones. In the case of animals that need to be controlled, ie rats, a humane way please!
Testing Accessibility

mylestheslasher

A rat is vermin. It carrys disease, some of which are lethal. They need to be kept away from people as much as possible. I'm not sure there are humane ways of doing this.

ziggysego

Quick and painless if possible.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

QuoteYou have to worry about the mentality of someone who would do this to an innocent creature.

I'd be worrying about the upbringing of someone who could even think about doing something like this - then again, you need a licence to have a dog, but none to have children.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...