iphone or ipod touch?

Started by mc_grens, September 24, 2008, 10:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Its my birthday soon and I want to get an ipod touch. is it worth going the one step further and getting an iphone?

Will i miss any functionality getting the phone over the pod,and is the iphone any good?

screenexile

I have the ipod touch and I love it!!! It's a great piece of kit and the applications you can get for it are amazing also. An Iphone is a step ahead though with the phone, ,GPS and camera on top of the ipod touch functions. My problem is I take the phone everywhere and it gets abused... if I had an Iphone it would have been smashed 3/3 times by now but my iPod touch is still in mint condish... if I were to get one again though I'd get the 32Gig as I have a lot more music I want to throw on it.

youngfella

get a 3210 and a creative zen. You'll save loads and you'll not be old of the sheep
Pull hard and early

bigfrank

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2008, 10:47:12 PM
I have the ipod touch and I love it!!! It's a great piece of kit and the applications you can get for it are amazing also. An Iphone is a step ahead though with the phone, ,GPS and camera on top of the ipod touch functions. My problem is I take the phone everywhere and it gets abused... if I had an Iphone it would have been smashed 3/3 times by now but my iPod touch is still in mint condish... if I were to get one again though I'd get the 32Gig as I have a lot more music I want to throw on it.

well screen

i got i touch a few weeks back and hardly use it.wat applications do u have and which are good!!games etc,can u get football manager for it?? plus do u pick up internet much on it!i dont have wireless at home and therefore never connect to safari,is there any way i can buy internet use per month or something??

cheers

SidelineKick

Jesus frank you don't wanna do that, that would mean you would have 24 hours access to paddypower! You'd be broke before you knew it  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

True story side line! my luck not exactly in at the minute,u prob seen that after last night!!my teams walked it as usual!!:):) i set such high standards for myself by winnin at the beginnin,now we are all expectin miracles lol:):) must get something posted for 2nite!

downgirl

Someone told me the iphone is really hard to text on... :-\

Puckoon

lfdown2

downgirl

€480 for 8gb and €569 for 16gb on O2 pay as you go   :o :o :o

SidelineKick

Could never be justified if you ask me!  Maybe thats just because I would be liable to lose or break it within a week of having it!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

i only got the i touch,not i the i phone!! got broadband internet tho on computer,mite be worth gettin wireless too i guess!! can u just buy a wireless router from a shop.ie argos or something that would provide wi fi for the i touch???

brokencrossbar1

Prices will come down shortly, probably in the new year for the iPhone.  The iTouch is excellent if you have no interest in the phone, but there will be a big push on the phone now, particularly with the Blackberry releasing a new model and the Google Phone.

bigfrank

Wat u use i touch for broken??u play games on it or wat?when u are away from house can u pick up internet anywhere?for example if u wanted to use the map or google earth application?? can u get football manager for it

brokencrossbar1

You need to be in a Wi Fi spot to pick up the internet. No football manager that I can see.