Hangover belly

Started by youngfella, September 24, 2008, 05:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

how many students from tyrone were not in the hatfield all week?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

full back

Never get a headache after the drink but the stomach hurts like fcuk.
Think as you get older it gets worse & lasts for longer, normally lasts around 3 days now.
On the fourth day I can eat a horse as I have been eating fcuk all for the previous 3 days.
Havent found anything that helps me yet :-\

wherefromreferee?

Its the depression that kills me.  It eats away at me for a few days.  I hate it.
In your Endo!

ziggysego

I gotta say that the older I get, the hangovers get worst and I wouldn't even be drinking as much as I used to.

No hangovers this weekend amazingly.
Testing Accessibility

cavan4ever

Was out friday night and all day saturday and last nite was the first good nights sleep that i have had since.  Don't get bad hangovers just feel relly tired all the time have no motivation to do anything.  Appetites  just back yesterday evening aswell going to lay off the drink for a few weeks now.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on September 25, 2008, 12:01:07 PM
Was out friday night and all day saturday and last nite was the first good nights sleep that i have had since.  Don't get bad hangovers just feel relly tired all the time have no motivation to do anything.  Appetites  just back yesterday evening aswell going to lay off the drink for a few weeks now.
Jaysus, what were you celebrating. Couldn't be anything relating to Cavan football anyhow :D

el_cuervo_fc

I'd be a bit similar, don't really get the sore stomachs or headaches but the tiredness is unreal.  I find now that there's no way i could go into work the day after even a half day drinkin cuz i'd be likely to fall asleep at the desk. 

I had my sisters wedding a few weeks ago and the next day I drank 4 pints of cordial in the space of half and hour and found that i was fine the rest of the day. 

usually I'd just lie up on the couch with a load of bags of crisps, chocolate, lollies and then get a chinese that evening.

aontroim

Easy solution is to start drinking the next day again, but drink one less than what you had the day before, repeat the next few days (or weeks) until you reach 0 drinks - you should be grand after that  ;D

Hardy

Poisoning the system to the extent of severe tissue dehydration will indeed cause pain, disorientation, lethargy, nausea and sometimes depression. Other poisons produce different effects. Why the surprise?

Yes I Would

Quote from: Hardy on September 25, 2008, 12:43:13 PM
Poisoning the system to the extent of severe tissue dehydration will indeed cause pain, disorientation, lethargy, nausea and sometimes depression. Other poisons produce different effects. Why the surprise?

Would you quit romantacising it Hardy.

Its drinking to oblivion that does me. Where did i end up last night? Who was i with?? How did i get home?? How much did i spend?? Who did i insult?? 

After a day or two when i realise everyone is still talking to me then the guilt dies down and am ready to do it all again.

Goats Do Shave

bennydorano

Ask your Doc about a Helicobacter test!  I found out a few weeks back (after a few years of bad heartburn/stomach ache) that I had a parasite/bacteria causing the trouble!  They reckon 1 in 20 people have it!

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 25, 2008, 12:17:00 PM
Jaysus, what were you celebrating. Couldn't be anything relating to Cavan football anyhow :D

I intended going for just a few on friday night but ended up at party and got home at 7 in morning.  Woke up at 12 and the girlfriend was away for day so decided to go for the cure(big mistake although it was great craic at the time).  It had nothing to do with the club getting to the Junior Final either nobody gives a shit about that.

el Chino

i swore the other day i had an ulcer

but i just took a lock of milk of magnesia and i was grand

Great Leap Forward

Letting it runs it's course always worked for me. The guts could be real bad after a weekend bender but once the appetite came back I could eat for Ireland. Drink plenty of water.

Unfortunately the depression is par for the course, particularly when the memory is a bit sketchy. Try and keep your brain activated for a few days to stop your mind working overtime wondering what you did.

If you can't sleep with the depression, you are in the dark room, the lonliest place in the world. I hate when that happens. One minute you are warm, the next you are freezing and the only start sleeping about half an hour the alarms goes of.