Tyrone Homecoming

Started by Bainisteoir, September 21, 2008, 10:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Can some one put up a link for q 101? Please?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maggie

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 22, 2008, 08:47:23 PM
Great moment indeed from Dooher. He seems a nice guy. Mulligan, on the other hand, acted like a hyperactive p***k over on BBC when Austin O'Callaghan was interviewing Mickey Harte ( another great guy). He insisted on trying to drown Harte out with one of those air horns.

Carmen stateside- you can watch the homecoming from Aughnacloy earlier, if you google bbc newsline, its the half 6 bulletin and there are 3 different segments. And after just watching it, have to agree-Mulligan was acting the d**k.

Main Street

Monaghan's destiny, to be a well trodden path for Sam's journey elsewhere up North.

Minder

Quote from: maggie on September 22, 2008, 10:13:46 PM
Great moment indeed from Dooher. He seems a nice guy. Mulligan, on the other hand, acted like a hyperactive p***k over on BBC when Austin O'Callaghan was interviewing Mickey Harte ( another great guy). He insisted on trying to drown Harte out with one of those air horns.

Carmen stateside- you can watch the homecoming from Aughnacloy earlier, if you google bbc newsline, its the half 6 bulletin and there are 3 different segments. And after just watching it, have to agree-Mulligan was acting the d**k.

You are what you are........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on September 22, 2008, 10:30:10 PM
Monaghan's destiny, to be a well trodden path for Sam's journey elsewhere up North.

Keep the faith, Monaghan will yet be a terminus!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Radioulster on September 22, 2008, 09:40:12 PM
Are they going anywhere else this week? Heard they were for Ardboe tomorrow nite. Anyone know anything?

I have heard all celebrations the moro are off as a mark of respect to John Devine.

I believe that there'll be craic in the brack on Friday though!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gerry

maybe thats why he was so quiet in omagh
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Puckoon

Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2008, 10:31:20 PM

You are what you are........

How well do you know him minder, if I may ask?

Anyways, Dooher to Logie was priceless.

orangeman

Any word of where the cup is going this week and when ?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 22, 2008, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on September 22, 2008, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 22, 2008, 08:52:04 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on September 22, 2008, 07:13:24 PM
Anyone see Dooher in Aughnacloy on UTV on six news?
"What the f**k are ye saying, i can't hear ye" he said back to Logie when the music was drowing out his question.
I don't like Logie but that's down right ignorant.  :-\

It was his first question, I'm not so sure he even knew the interview had started, let alone that it was going out live.
He still said it to someone.
I think you're being very unfair to Dooher there Pints. As I recall Oisin McConville used the f work during an on field interview after the 2002 Final, and he knew the camera was on him!

My view on the Tyrone team is that this has to be their finest hour. The 2003 win was steeped in controversy  - the diving, Marsden sending off ( I still detest Philip Jordan and will to my dying day) Mind you whilst they stole that AI they were also soundly robbed in 1995 so what comes around goes around, its just a pity it had to be at Armagh's expense. 2005 wasn't pretty but it was great to see them put one over Kerry. 2008 was just class amd apart from Jordan, who i hate, and Mulligan, I'm delighted for them, particularly Dooher who is now a class act and nothing like what he was like in 2003 when he would have fallen over had you even looked at him! And Mickey Harte, what can you say about the guy. He's certainly proved that nice guys can make it to the top, if there's any justice he'll win the RTE Person of the Year award. He's just a fantastic role model for everyone.

P.S. To the guy who made the disparaging comments about Monaghan, i think that was out of order and while it might have been said in jest you should remove the post. The people of Monaghan have always given you a great reception and don't deserve comments like that.
Careful now

orangeman

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 23, 2008, 10:03:45 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 22, 2008, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on September 22, 2008, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 22, 2008, 08:52:04 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on September 22, 2008, 07:13:24 PM
Anyone see Dooher in Aughnacloy on UTV on six news?
"What the f**k are ye saying, i can't hear ye" he said back to Logie when the music was drowing out his question.
I don't like Logie but that's down right ignorant.  :-\

It was his first question, I'm not so sure he even knew the interview had started, let alone that it was going out live.
He still said it to someone.
I think you're being very unfair to Dooher there Pints. As I recall Oisin McConville used the f work during an on field interview after the 2002 Final, and he knew the camera was on him!

My view on the Tyrone team is that this has to be their finest hour. The 2003 win was steeped in controversy  - the diving, Marsden sending off ( I still detest Philip Jordan and will to my dying day) Mind you whilst they stole that AI they were also soundly robbed in 1995 so what comes around goes around, its just a pity it had to be at Armagh's expense. 2005 wasn't pretty but it was great to see them put one over Kerry. 2008 was just class amd apart from Jordan, who i hate, and Mulligan, who's a tosser, I'm delighted for them, particularly Dooher who is now a class act and nothing like what he was like in 2003 when he would have fallen over had you even looked at him! And Mickey Harte, what can you say about the guy. He's certainly proved that nice guys can make it to the top, if there's any justice he'll win the RTE Person of the Year award. He's just a fantastic role model for everyone.

P.S. To the guy who made the disparaging comments about Monaghan, i think that was out of order and while it might have been said in jest you should remove the post. The people of Monaghan have always given you a great reception and don't deserve comments like that.

Do you not even like Jordan and Mulligan a wee bit ? They're really nice lads - honestly !

Rois

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 23, 2008, 10:03:45 AM

Er, is Main Street not from Monaghan??

Main Street

Dougal M inhabits some strange universe where the understanding of the meaning of irony has been lost forever.

author Dougal Maguire

"My view on the Tyrone team is that this has to be their finest hour. The 2003 win was steeped in controversy  - the diving, Marsden sending off ( I still detest Philip Jordan and will to my dying day) Mind you whilst they stole that AI they were also soundly robbed in 1995 so what comes around goes around, its just a pity it had to be at Armagh's expense. 2005 wasn't pretty but it was great to see them put one over Kerry. 2008 was just class amd apart from Jordan, who i hate, and Mulligan, who's a tosser, I'm delighted for them, particularly Dooher who is now a class act and nothing like what he was like in 2003 when he would have fallen over had you even looked at him! And Mickey Harte, what can you say about the guy. He's certainly proved that nice guys can make it to the top, if there's any justice he'll win the RTE Person of the Year award. He's just a fantastic role model for everyone.

P.S. To the guy who made the disparaging comments about Monaghan, i think that was out of order and while it might have been said in jest you should remove the post. The people of Monaghan have always given you a great reception and don't deserve comments like that."

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Main Street on September 23, 2008, 01:41:21 PM
Dougal M inhabits some strange universe where the understanding of the meaning of irony has been lost forever.

author Dougal Maguire

"My view on the Tyrone team is that this has to be their finest hour. The 2003 win was steeped in controversy  - the diving, Marsden sending off ( I still detest Philip Jordan and will to my dying day) Mind you whilst they stole that AI they were also soundly robbed in 1995 so what comes around goes around, its just a pity it had to be at Armagh's expense. 2005 wasn't pretty but it was great to see them put one over Kerry. 2008 was just class amd apart from Jordan, who i hate, and Mulligan, who's a tosser, I'm delighted for them, particularly Dooher who is now a class act and nothing like what he was like in 2003 when he would have fallen over had you even looked at him! And Mickey Harte, what can you say about the guy. He's certainly proved that nice guys can make it to the top, if there's any justice he'll win the RTE Person of the Year award. He's just a fantastic role model for everyone.

P.S. To the guy who made the disparaging comments about Monaghan, i think that was out of order and while it might have been said in jest you should remove the post. The people of Monaghan have always given you a great reception and don't deserve comments like that."

No, I live in this universe, however there was nothing in that post to indicate to me that you were from Monaghan. Now that you've set the record straight I withdraw my comment.

Careful now