RTE Man Of The Match

Started by PlayWithTheWind, September 21, 2008, 06:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

will RTE take the easy way out again and award Mickey Harte man of the match

my vote goes to Sean Cavanagh or Brian Dooher
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Tatler Jack

Has to be Cavanagh. One of the great AI performances.

J70

"Easy way out"?

Maybe they thought Harte's tactics and sideline management were the decisive factors in the game (quite a few on the match thread seem to think so).

Thumbs-up for a bit of original thinking in my opinion.

Carmen Stateside

spectator

Quote from: Tatler Jack on September 21, 2008, 06:10:47 PM
Has to be Cavanagh. One of the great AI performances.

Agreed, this will be remembered as The Cavanagh final - especially some of the points he scored in the second half when Tyrone needed to put something on the board were brilliant. I felt Pascal McConnell made a couple of great saves at vital times which helped keep them alive also.

Congrats Tyrone, great team victory.

Bogball XV

Quote from: J70 on September 21, 2008, 06:17:29 PM
"Easy way out"?

Maybe they thought Harte's tactics and sideline management were the decisive factors in the game (quite a few on the match thread seem to think so).

Thumbs-up for a bit of original thinking in my opinion.
they did it in the hurling 2 weeks ago, cody got the award - harte more deserving of it imo as he doesn't have the quality that cody does at his disposal - but i don't think that his substitutions worked particularly well today - though the system and belief he has instilled in the team over the years means he is probably the master tactician.
Today's call though has to be cavanagh.

ExiledGael

As much as I'd love to see Justin McMahon or the whole team get it for financial reasons it just has to be Sean Cavanagh. Tyrone were in real trouble midway through the second half and had went around 15 minutes without a score and he popped up with probably the score of the game.
Absolutely unbelievable player, with the moving on of PTG now the finest player of his generation.

Maiden1

Giving the award to the manager just makes a mockery of MOTM awards.  They should make a rule that it has to be someone on the field.  Easiest call ever, Cavanagh to be MOTM.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

comethekingdom

In fairness MH deserves MOTM ahead of Cody but out of the players today it can be McConnell or Cavanagh. I'd say Cavanagh will get it - class act!

Doogie Browser

No surprises then, well deserved for Big Sean

armaghniac

Fully deserved MOTM, it's a pity that he does not reside a couple of Km to the East!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Biggest certainty of all time and a shoo in for player of the year !

Gold

unbelievable footballer, does everything right, some of his scores today under pressure were breathtaking. For onw he faked to handpass but bounced the ball inside his man and then took the point when the goal was on. ABSOLUTE CLASS
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

carribbear

Sean Cavanagh was excellent today but there was some other inspirational performances today. Keeping Donaghy quiet is no small feat by Justin McMahon.

ExiledGael

Quote from: carribbear on September 22, 2008, 05:40:38 AM
Sean Cavanagh was excellent today but there was some other inspirational performances today. Keeping Donaghy quiet is no small feat by Justin McMahon.

What price was Cavanagh? I got 55/1 on Justin McMahon.