Frankie Dolan crosses the Shannon to Whestmeth....

Started by highorlow, January 02, 2007, 07:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

laoislad

Ryano

Ya he is gone alright according to RTE news. The rumour has been going around since Christmas in Roscommon and over on Stolensheep that the gobsh1te was going to declare for Westmeath. Personally could not care less either way, he is their problem now and their welcome to him. After all the bull that has gone on in Roscommon GAA over the last few years i always found it hard to see him being allowed wear the Roscommon shirt again. He was a trouble maker and he paid the price for it when he was ran off the panel along with Greahan, Dinneen and Curran. Half of the stories and things that were done never came out, especially while the team were on holidays in Thailand and Spain and there was always the same core of individuals involved in those incidents that made the naked pool thing up in Derry look like a kindergarden adventure. Don't forget either that he left his own club St Brigids a few years back and played for a club in Longford for a season or two because he was not getting his own way in that club. There were some in Roscommon with short memories who had started calling for his return the Roscommon team this season but thankfully that can never happen now. I doubt it will upset too many Rossies, we are looking forward rather then back and as far as we are concerned Frankie is history. Glad to see the back of him and the bad times in Roscommon football, more interested in the Cathal Creggs, Donie Shines, Flynns, McDermotts, O'Connors who are young and proud to have the chance to represent their county and who will not drag its name through the mud.

laoislad

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 02, 2007, 07:26:03 PM
QuoteWhestmeth
is Ulster Scots for Westmeath Laoislad ::)

Excuse my ignorance i should have known :-[ ;)

mjg

Glad to see the back of him,the 31 minor panelists of last year are now the role models for all rossies not that head case

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

It'd be interesting to find out for sure if he had an option to play for Ross again under the present management. If not then he can hardly be blamed for seeking out intercounty opportunities elsewhere. In fairness to maughan it would always have been a gamble bringing him back and may have unsettled the current panel.

Josey Whales

as a matter of interest were all of grehan,dolan ,curran and dineen troublemakers or was it just Dolan? just wondering that's all.

Shamrock Shore

Wonder did he make discreet enquiries into Longford? He has form there ye know with Ballymahon.

Hope he did only to be told to eff off.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock ShoreWonder did he make discreet enquiries into Longford? He has form there ye know with Ballymahon.

I'm sure that "flat" in Ballymahon where he was "living" would still be available.

QuoteHope he did only to be told to eff off.

Who did he think we were? Cavan?

To be honest, I doubt if we could have afforded him - in either sense of the word.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

From the Bunker

Yeah, the infamous flat in Ballymahon! Won them a County title all the same, scoring nearly all their points in the final.

Rossie11

Maughan wont bring him back so he is right if he wants to play intercounty to go where he likes.
I would like to see him back as at this moment in time we dont have 6 forwards better than him.
Our minors are years off been ready for senior and young talent like the excellent Cathal Cregg cannot be expected to step up to the plate every game and produce match winning performances as a raw novice.
The messing that went on happens is most squads abroad. Ross just had the ability of washing the laundry in public.

Frankie undoubtably can be a clown and I am not defending some of the stuff that he has done but under the right manager and with his head right he is proven match winner.
Put another way if O'Mahoney was managing Ross I have no doubt he would be back and performing to full potential.

He has been involved in some of our darkest hours as fans but he has also given us some of the most memorable moments..
Tuam, Mullingar Portlaoise.
Good luck to him if he crosses the border and I would hope he would get back playing well as he has a unique natural talent that is a shame to waste..

Croí na hÉireann

Don't agree with this, same as don't agree with Mitch playing for Longford, Ward playing for Offaly, Gallagher playing for Cavan, etc. If you can't get on your own county team through lack of talent or a fall out with management then you should bite the bullet and not go around prostituting yourself to your neighbours.

If he does switch over can see him having a major impact in his first year and then getting back to raising trouble off the pitch and finding himself back playing for Brigids as O'Flahertas record would suggest that he's fairly Maughan like with players.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

neilthemac

frankie was born in Westmeath, so technically he's allowed transfer