Gregory Campbell is a clown

Started by Boolerhead Mel, September 19, 2008, 01:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boolerhead Mel

Don't know if this has been posted on other thread-but can you believe the below-the article in full is on BBC Website-he also stated that Rangers had taken steps to resolve the sectarian songs and chants of their own fans-the man is a walking Anus.

Northern Ireland's sports minister has said he is unlikely to accept an invite to visit Celtic Football Club.

He wrote to the the club's chairman and former NI secretary John Reid to complain after IRA songs were sung by fans at a game.

The ardent Rangers fan had been invited to Parkhead after he and his wife were subjected to sectarian abuse on a ferry crossing to Scotland.

Mr Campbell was writing in his capacity as an MP and not sports minister.

Earlier this week, the Irish government raised concerns about sectarian chants by Rangers fans at an Old Firm game.

The East Londonderry MP said he felt Rangers had taken steps since the game to tackle the issue, but demanded more action by Celtic.

He added that he believed visiting Parkhead at present would send out the wrong message.

"If I were to take up the visit now, it may be totally counterproductive given what I have been informed of in recent times," he said.

Mr Campbell said although he was not planning to visit Parkhead, the IRA chants meant any future visit was now less likely.

"It's probably made things a bit worse," he said.

But he insisted he was not "setting preconditions" to visit the football club, but added more action should be taken against the small number of fans involved in the chanting of IRA songs.

stibhan

I wonder if he's heard anyone chant IRA at Parkhead? (Edited to say that obviously he hasn't as he's never been there but you know...)

Anyone who does gets booted out swift, and as such no-one has since such bootings took place.

rosnarun

What am i missing here A six counties minister has to defend his position of not attending  a match in scotland at a ground where he would not be really welcome any way .
I think answers the query about wheter the north is a strange place of not
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

nifan

I wonder is this related to the Novo song mentioned on the other thread.

Hurler on the Bitch

FOR A MAN NAMED AFTER 13 POPES YOU'D THINK THAT HE WOULD HAVE SOME SYMPATHY FOR THE CELTS ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

What did the clowns ever do on you?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lecale2

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 19, 2008, 07:44:25 PM
I hear the Pope is Catholic.
He was wearing a funny hat last i saw of him....

The Watcher Pat

This man has obviously never heard about Celtics scheme "bhoys against bigotry".....I go to quite a few matches and you hear no songs about the IRA......Years ago maybe but not for the last 4-5 yrs........maybe in the bars around the gallowgate but thats your choice if you wanna stay......personally like Bairds bar....graet Celtic pub and no sectarian stuff!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

nifan

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 20, 2008, 06:47:35 PM
This man has obviously never heard about Celtics scheme "bhoys against bigotry"

He probably treats it with the same contempt some on here treat FFA

Orior

Quote from: nifan on September 20, 2008, 07:40:14 PM

Ah get it right. Its FFAP.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: nifan on September 20, 2008, 07:40:14 PM

Maybe? Don't know???

He needs to give it a chance.....I'm willing to give anything a chance once...lol

My sisters b/f is a big NI fan and is trying to get me to Windsor but i;ve told him to take one of his mates who deserves the ticket....No point in giving it to someone who will be asleep at H/T..... ;)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME