GAA may have finally succeeded in killing off the railway cup!!

Started by jodyb, September 17, 2008, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: 118cmal on October 01, 2008, 01:44:38 PM
1) Jason Reilly

2) Andy Mallon
3) Conor Gormley
4) Ricey

5) Davy Harte
6) Ryan McCluskey
7) Ciaran McKeever

8) Marty McGrath
9) Dan Gordan

10) Brian Dooher
11) Sean Cavanagh
12) Benny Coulter

13) Seanie Johnston
14) Ronan Clarke
15) Paddy Bradley

1 Derry, 2 Down, 2 Cavan, 2 Fermanagh, 3 Armagh, 5 Tyrone.

That midfield would take some beating!!

Why have you MC Clusky in CHB, Gormley is the most obvious person, and Justin Mc Mahon who is probably going to get the no 3 jersey on the allstar team,

Seanie Johnston ahead of Stevie Mc Donnell, Are you on drugs?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 01, 2008, 01:34:34 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 10:03:11 AM
Anyone want to make a stab at Ulsters best possible team, I'll Take a stab

(1) Ronan Gallagher (Fermanagh)
(2) Andy Mallon (Armagh)
(3) Justin Mc Mahon (Tyrone)
(4) Ricey Mc Menamin (Tyrone)
(5) Kieran Mc Keever(Armagh)
(6) Conor Gormley (Tyrone)
(7) Phily Jordan (Tyrone)
(8) Dan Gordon (Down)
(9) Enda Mc Ginley (Tyrone)
(10) Brian Dooher (Tyrone)
(11) Sean Cavanagh(Tyrone)
(12) Benny Coulter (Down)
(13) Steven Mc Donnell (Armagh)
(14) Ronan Clarke (Armagh)
(15) Paddy Bradley (Derry)

Any opinions??

Not one Monaghan rep, despite the fact that Monaghan players made up almost half of last year's team that won the title?

Monaghan didnt really do it this year lets be honest, They were a bit of a flash in the pan last year

screenexile

Quote from: 118cmal on October 01, 2008, 01:52:53 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on October 01, 2008, 01:46:43 PM
If that midfield came up against Fergal Doherty of Derry and Enda McGinley (he of Tyrone fame)  I'd say mine would come out on top  :P

Well mcgrath took doherty to the cleaners in the first round of the champ.  And whoever tyrone were playing in midfield got cleaned out by Gordon in the first round of the championship also??

What? Is this some fictitious game you made up where Doherty and McGrath played against eachother? It didn't happen! Doherty was suspended against Fermanagh you eejit... AND it was the semi final!

Doire abú

If that midfield came up against Fergal Doherty of Derry and Enda McGinley (he of Tyrone fame)  I'd say mine would come out on top  :P

Well mcgrath took doherty to the cleaners in the first round of the champ.  And whoever tyrone were playing in midfield got cleaned out by Gordon in the first round of the championship also??

What Championship is this you're on about?

Doire abú

Just seen Screen's post. Good job, thought I was going mad for a second there.

Onion Bag

Tube   ;)

Maguire01

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 01, 2008, 01:34:34 PM
Not one Monaghan rep, despite the fact that Monaghan players made up almost half of last year's team that won the title?

Monaghan didnt really do it this year lets be honest, They were a bit of a flash in the pan last year

Eh? They lost to Fermanagh yes (who then made it to an Ulster Final replay), but they then beat Derry and Donegal and ran Kerry close. Is that not what they did last year? Is that two flashes in the pan?
Regardless, they atill have the same players that contributed significantly to last year's RC win. Good players don't get bad overnight.

J70

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on October 01, 2008, 01:44:38 PM
1) Jason Reilly

2) Andy Mallon
3) Conor Gormley
4) Ricey

5) Davy Harte
6) Ryan McCluskey
7) Ciaran McKeever

8) Marty McGrath
9) Dan Gordan

10) Brian Dooher
11) Sean Cavanagh
12) Benny Coulter

13) Seanie Johnston
14) Ronan Clarke
15) Paddy Bradley

1 Derry, 2 Down, 2 Cavan, 2 Fermanagh, 3 Armagh, 5 Tyrone.

That midfield would take some beating!!

Why have you MC Clusky in CHB, Gormley is the most obvious person, and Justin Mc Mahon who is probably going to get the no 3 jersey on the allstar team,

Seanie Johnston ahead of Stevie Mc Donnell, Are you on drugs?

Take Johnston out and just call it Northern Ireland then.

orangeman

118cmal

Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2008, 02:18:12 PM

What? Is this some fictitious game you made up where Doherty and McGrath played against eachother? It didn't happen! Doherty was suspended against Fermanagh you eejit... AND it was the semi final!

Apologies guys, i hold my hands up!  I wouldnt mind but i was at the game so should have known.  I knew that mcgrath and gordon dominated midfield in both those games and forgot that doherty wasnt playing!

Still wouldnt change the team though  :P

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 02:37:51 PM

Tube   ;)

A bit harsh onionbag?  Just made a mistake ???

Onion Bag

Onion Bag

tonesfirstandlast

Not being an expert in goalkeeping, would someone explain to me Ronan's Gallaghers Strengths. IMO he is the 2nd worst keeper in Ulster.

J70

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 02, 2008, 03:52:26 PM
Not being an expert in goalkeeping, would someone explain to me Ronan's Gallaghers Strengths. IMO he is the 2nd worst keeper in Ulster.

Who's the worst?

southsidejohnny

A pity that the Railway cup is being shafted. It has a great history and should be still be kept. Play the football final as a curtain raiser to the club final on St Patricks day. Do like wise with the hurling except move it to Easter Sunday. Easy to do and it would bring in the crowds.