Attn Contact Lens wearers

Started by under the bar, September 16, 2008, 02:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Does anyone know anywhere doing free lens trials where you don't have to pay for the check-up?

Like me you probably get yr lense on the net as it's much cheaper, but now you need a fitting & check-up from a local opticians or they won't send them to you... at least that what i've been told.

Any help appreciated.

Yes I Would

MacAdoreys off Hill Street in Newry offering free trial lenses, if your in the locality.

Donagh

Quote from: under the bar on September 16, 2008, 02:07:03 PM

but now you need a fitting & check-up from a local opticians or they won't send them to you... at least that what i've been told.

Normally you just tick a box on the website when you are ordering to say you have had the opticians check-up.

That's what happens on this site anyway: http://www.shopping4net.co.uk/Contact-lenses.htm

downgirl

How do they know you have had the check up and fitting?  Do you need to send them proof or something?  I always get mine at contactlenses.co.uk and they never ask me about anything about proof of prescription or anything.

Anyway was at the opticians a few weeks ago he said about these new lenses which allow 5 times more oxygen to get to the eye so there is less discomfort when wearing them for longer periods, has anyone tried them out?  Looked them up online I think they are Airoptix, quite expensive though, £70 for 6 month supply.  Might be worth a try though.