Club Championship results

Started by Lecale2, September 15, 2008, 02:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clareman

In Clare

Josephs v Newmarket (Sunday week)

Clonlara v Crusheen/Clarecastle (Saturday week)
Crusheen v Clarecastle is on this saturday

youngfella

Any results from kilkenny? or Galway?
Pull hard and early

Two Hands FFS

Kilkenny semi finals

James Stephens 1-12 O'Loughlin Gaels 0-13

Ballyhale Shamrocks 1-21 Carrickshock 0-11

Should be a great final. Some great hurlers in both teams

Lecale2

I reckon that will be on TG4. Great match in prospect.

dodo

Ballyhale Shamrocks 1-21 Carrickshock 0-11

That's a fair beating, who's going to stop them ? If not James Stephens only Portumna will live with Ballyhale in the quest for another All Ireland Club title. Carrickshock have a few Tennysons, David Franks, Michael Rice and Richie Power so are hardly cannon fodder. This Ballyhale Shamrocks outfit will be very hard beat this year as they have unfinished business in Leinster after being beat by Birr last year.

Two Hands FFS

It was level at half time as well Dodo. Hopefully Ballyhale come out of Leinster & Portumna out of Galway as they would meet in the semi. That would be a great match..2 of the best club teams in recent times

dodo

Would be a cracking match, one that would be great to see. Carrickshock were level at half-time ! That's some putting away in the second half.

Croí na hÉireann

Hanniffy's won the Offaly championship from what I saw on TG4 for the coldest town in Ireland. How old is that no. 9 for Kinnity, Colm something???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

maxpower

fair play to Birr, how many club championships now would Brian Welehan have won. Kinnity looked a decent outfit as well though my TG4 was piss poor yesterday for some random reason.

Ballyhale v Portumna would be a real mouth watering contest, every year i go down to watch the ulster representatives but if this game where to materialise (and it would be very disrespectful to the JS, Leinster & the Galway championship to assume its a certainty) i would hate to miss it.
What happens next????

milltown row

if it happens i reckon Mulingar, Cusack Park. not the worst of drives but would be a cracker of a game. again no disrespect tp the other semi finalist but this is the final......... if they meet that is

dodo

Quote from: maxpower on October 13, 2008, 11:30:13 AM
fair play to Birr, how many club championships now would Brian Welehan have won. Kinnity looked a decent outfit as well though my TG4 was piss poor yesterday for some random reason.

Ballyhale v Portumna would be a real mouth watering contest, every year i go down to watch the ulster representatives but if this game where to materialise (and it would be very disrespectful to the JS, Leinster & the Galway championship to assume its a certainty) i would hate to miss it.

According to Wiki

QuoteIn a long career Whelahan has won eleven county titles in all - 1991, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

So including yesterday that would be 12. Commentator mentioned yesterday before match something about having 9 county medals.  :-\

neilthemac

Roscommon semis

Athleague    1-6   1-12   Four Roads    
Padraig Pearses    3-19   0-9   Tremane

Owenmoresider

Western Gaels dumped Tubbercurry out in Sligo semi-final, play Calry now in the final.

Winners go into the Connacht Junior with the Leitrim champs (who will be St. Mary's, always are) and the Galway Junior champions, so a great opportunity there to possibly tilt at Connacht. With the Mayo and Ros champs going to the Intermediate, and Portumna the Senior. Good move on the Council's part IMHO.

The Real Laoislad

Laois Senior Hurling Final

Rathdowney  1-19
Portlaoise 2-15
You'll Never Walk Alone.

milltown row

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2008, 11:43:59 PM
Laois Senior Hurling Final

Rathdowney  1-19
Portlaoise 2-15

looked a cracking game on TG4, how many dual players had portlaoise playing and aren't they in the football final? great to see clubs still being competitive at both, long live the dual clubs, proper gaels