Club Championship results from around the country.

Started by Bogball XV, September 15, 2008, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Congrats BB's, great to bridge a long gap like that.

Billys Boots

Actually Seanie, late last night I remembered your posts after your club did the business two years ago.  Thanks lads.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

well done Billy. All good things come to those who wait!!!

Louth Exile

Enjoy it BB, nothing like the Monday night, always a better night's craic than the Sunday.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Billys Boots

Quotenothing like the Monday night, always a better night's craic than the Sunday

Yeah, except I'm a hundred miles away from it tonight.  :'(

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 29, 2008, 12:21:49 PM
Quotenothing like the Monday night, always a better night's craic than the Sunday

Yeah, except I'm a hundred miles away from it tonight.  :'(

Take tomorrow off, and get your ar*e down there. It's been 50 years for Jaysus sake :D

Billys Boots

QuoteTake tomorrow off, and get your ar*e down there. It's been 50 years for Jaysus sake

I wish, it'll be a hundred years if I don't show for work tomorrow.  :-\

stephenite

Billy - it's 100 miles, I've made Ballina to Santry on a Tuesday morning after a County final in time for 9am

brokencrossbar1

Jaysus well done BB, you can't leave all the lads in the Monday club without your guidance to keep them straight :P

Some craic next March when we meet up for the AI final between you boys and our boys!

Billys Boots

Tks BC, but I think there'll be a lot of damage to our prospects of further progress in Leinster this week.  ;)

Hardy

Good man Billy. Are yiz Longford team of the decade now?

Billys Boots

boojangles

Congrats Billy,didnt realise you were a Colmcille man.Delighted for yas.Have an Aunty living over in Aughnacliffe,used to spend my summers over in Colmcille and Moyne summer camp.Happy days.
Was Declan Reilly playing? I seen Donie McKeon did most of the scoring,I remember him from a young age,he was always football mad.
Its a terror it took a Gowna man!!

Billys Boots

Thanks Boojangles, glad to see someone with pleasant childhood memories of Aughnacliffe.

QuoteWas Declan Reilly playing?

Would that be Declan 'Cornadrung' Reilly or Declan 'Smear' Reilly - both played, and both played well.  Declan C was MOTM.

QuoteIts a terror it took a Gowna man!!

Well, if it wasn't that Gowna man, there's a fair chance it would have been another one.  I think it's fair to say that Colmcille and Gowna have had a decent and long-running relationship.

boojangles

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 30, 2008, 09:17:49 AM
Thanks Boojangles, glad to see someone with pleasant childhood memories of Aughnacliffe.

Very nice people over that part of the country,big into their football.

Would that be Declan 'Cornadrung' Reilly or Declan 'Smear' Reilly - both played, and both played well.  Declan C was MOTM.

Declan reilly with the Blonde hair,I think Cornadrung(that rings a bell) dont think he was from near the shop,plays wing back for the County,small butt of a lad.

QuoteIts a terror it took a Gowna man!!

Well, if it wasn't that Gowna man, there's a fair chance it would have been another one.  I think it's fair to say that Colmcille and Gowna have had a decent and long-running relationship.
Well yas both have the same colours and are only a stones throw from eachother so I suppose it makes sense.I hear Tommy Carr mite b on Ciarans trail now I believe.