Saturday nite tv sucks!!!!

Started by maggie, September 13, 2008, 09:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maggie on September 13, 2008, 09:54:03 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 09:47:22 PM
Aaah RTE, you miss it when you don't have it you know. 
First sensible thing u have said today

I've said nothing but sensible things all day.

A little off topic, does anyone know what stops your eye twitching?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

sqeeze of lemon......

it'll make u forget u have a twitch
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Has anyone see that Ad for Hovis bread? It's just after being on C4 - the wee boy running home wiht the bread but he's running through various points in english history - it's interesting. 

Maybe they're not showing it in Ireland though.

downgirl

Have you still got that twitch??  What about that thing on your stomach was it a blood blister?

maggie

Quote from: leenie on September 13, 2008, 09:58:30 PM
sqeeze of lemon......

it'll make u forget u have a twitch

take a shot of tequila with the lemon and your eye will be grand

pintsofguinness

Quote from: downgirl on September 13, 2008, 09:59:35 PM
Have you still got that twitch??  What about that thing on your stomach was it a blood blister?
The blood blister rose again! Had to put a pin through it again last night but it seems to be going again now. 

As for the twitch, well it's doing it all week (did it for a couple of days about 3 weeks ago but went), it is doing it in both eyes but the right one is by far the worse - althoguh you can't see it happening (I'm quite grateful for that) I can feel it and it's extremely annoying.
A feedof pints today didn't shift it so the tequila will hardly do it.

leenie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 10:03:57 PM
Have you still got that twitch??  What about that thing on your stomach was it a blood blister?
The blood blister rose again! Had to put a pin through it again last night but it seems to be going again now. 

yuk!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Quote from: drici on September 13, 2008, 10:04:46 PM
Father Todd Unctious just appeared in a film starting on RTE2.

Cant get RTE over here-thanx for rubbing it in

Have you still got that twitch??  What about that thing on your stomach was it a blood blister?

As my mother would say, the badness has to come out of you somewhere

clarshack

nothing on and bored. thats why i came on here! saturday night tv is sh*t!

declan85

Quote from: maggie on September 13, 2008, 09:39:01 PM
its a sad state of affairs when you actually wish Big bro was back on.

Is big bro over??
Ive been wishin for this moment all summer...

ONeill

Quote from: drici on September 13, 2008, 09:45:12 PM
They are showing the second half of Winning Streak now.
This will lead to a serious delay in the showing of The People of the Year Awards 2008 which were to be announced "live" from the Citywest Hotel.
The People of the Year can have a pint now whilst they are waiting.

Ah balax - didn't know they'd go back to it. How'd yer man with the twitchy lip do? Or the man who lives with his ma and wants to be Johnny Cash? Great TV though. Yer first man was going to get a box from the presenter for waving to the camera whilst he was explaining the rules. Then yer man from Dublin who'd been on 11 years ago wouldn't say the catchphrase 'open the door and look for more' and when told to do so he went into a huff and rolled his eyes. Can see why they showed it twice. Brilliant Irish TV. Faith restored. Remember once my da said if he was drawn out he'd wait his chance and then stretch out Mike Murphy whilst he wasn't looking. He'd a done it too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2008, 09:47:53 PM
In The Shadow of the Moon is great but being a documentary I wouldn't say it is great Saturday night fare. Lions for Lambs is passable but it's not exactly subtle. I'm watching Vantage Point now and it's okay but seen better.

Vantage point was last weekend's viewing - not bad, well worth the watch.

Leenie, there's thousands of good films, no excuse for not seeing one in a while!
I wouldn't rush to watch it again but it's alright.
However, who knew that if you fall out of a helicopter 30 seconds after someone else you'll land 10 feet from them, you'll both survive the fall (at least until you're shot) but you run the risk of getting your foot stuck in snow!  ::)
Lazy lazy filmmaking!

Gnevin

Every nights TV is terrible , thank god for sky plus where i can record the one or two gems and watch then when i'm bored
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

J70

Saturday night for me was baby-sitting my young nephew and watching your man Bear Gryll's "Man V Wild" show on Discovery (I think it has some other name when shown on C4 in Britain). This week, he was somewhere on "the west coast of Ireland", most of it unmistakably filmed around Slieve League. At one point he crawled into a bog hole to harvest the skin/fleece and some meat and the heart from a dead sheep! I was waiting for Noel Hegarty or some other local farmer to come around the top of the hill with a shotgun or else set the dogs on him!