how to get out of a wedding??

Started by charlie stubbs, September 13, 2008, 05:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

i have said verbally a few months ago that i would go to a girl in works wedding.  it is in december in scotland though i dont think i can afford it coming up to xmas and im heading to newcastle for a few days over xmas with 7 mates and hioping get tickets for the newcastle liverpool game on 28th!any advice how could get out of this??

my boss going too and i would probably end up wrote off and cause a scene.  dont really know that many going to wedding and dont think i would have that good of a time for the money would have to spend.

leenie

even if ya didn't go u'd still have to give her a present......
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quotei have said verbally a few months ago that i would go to a girl in works wedding.  it is in december in scotland though i dont think i can afford it coming up to xmas and im heading to newcastle for a few days over xmas with 7 mates and hioping get tickets for the newcastle liverpool game on 28th!any advice how could get out of this??

Just explain that to her I'm sure she'll understand. 

And you DO NOT NEED TO BUY A PRESENT IF YOU'RE NOT GOING!!!

This reminds me, I better start working on this years excuse to avoid the work christmas party  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

is it not the right thing to do and buy a present just cause ya can't go u were still asked?????

i dunno i assumed thats wat ya do
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: leenie on September 13, 2008, 06:04:27 PM
is it not the right thing to do and buy a present just cause ya can't go u were still asked?????

It is not the right thing to do!
They'd be lucky to get a present if I was going never mind if I wasnt!

Puckoon

Eh - Honesty?

Ive said it before, weddings are half full of people who dont want to be there, while the other half werent really wanted to come.

The Gs Man

Im getting married in a couple of weeks.  Anyone know how I can get out of it???
Keep 'er lit

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on September 13, 2008, 06:09:59 PM
Eh - Honesty?

Ive said it before, weddings are half full of people who dont want to be there, while the other half werent really wanted to come.

Sad but true.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 13, 2008, 06:16:24 PM
Im getting married in a couple of weeks.  Anyone know how I can get out of it???

ride charlie stubbs' work friend. two birds one stone
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Tony Baloney

Believe me you'll not be missed if you don't go. I'd just be straight up and tell her you couldn't afford it. If she's worth knowing then she'll understand, if she takes the hump then is she really worth going to see in Scotland! Or you could ride her before the wedding and consider that your present to her....

The Real Laoislad

Eh - Honesty?

Won't be inviting you to mine so
You'll Never Walk Alone.

comethekingdom

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 06:07:01 PM
Quote from: leenie on September 13, 2008, 06:04:27 PM

It is not the right thing to do!
They'd be lucky to get a present if I was going never mind if I wasnt!

Stingy!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Square Ball

With Puck on this one, tell the truth, after all its 1 or 2 less meals they have to pay for
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dodo

Don't be such a pussy about this.....just ask to have a private word with her, just the two of you. Tell her that you know each other a long time and that you have always been straight with each other and this is why you have to tell her that her fiance is having an affair. End of problem.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 13, 2008, 07:55:40 PM
Eh - Honesty?

Won't be inviting you to mine so

You getting hitched LL?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid