Ireland V Austrailia International Rules Official Thread 2008

Started by BallyhaiseMan, September 11, 2008, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: full back on October 10, 2008, 10:33:56 AM
Was looking last night for footage of the tests from the 80's but couldnt find any
Anyone got any idea where I could find them?

They're on youtube.

screenexile

Any links heffo? I've looked but can't find any to the older games, just the recent ones.

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2008, 12:35:07 PM
Any links heffo? I've looked but can't find any to the older games, just the recent ones.

They take a bit of searching, but I'll see if I can dig them out

Midman

Anyone know if there s a clip of McGeeneys shoulder n Galway on Youtube?  I heard it was a belter but still havent seen it

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

orangeman

Rising Kerry football star Tommy Walsh looks certain to miss the International Rules series due to ongoing club commitments.

Barring a surprise defeat for the Tralee club in their SFC quarter-final against Dingle on Sunday, the favourite for the Young Player of the Year award will have to forego the chance of representing his country in the same season that he made such a major impact in his first senior campaign.

That is due to the fact the Kerry SFC semi-finals are fixed for October 26 - two days after the first Test in Perth - and the county board is sticking rigidly to their schedule. The final is scheduled for November 2, which is the same weekend as the second Test in Melbourne.

Kerry chairman Jerome Conway insisted that the board was not prepared to call any games off because of the International Rules series. Without knowing if Walsh will be named in the travelling party by manager Sean Boylan this morning, he commented: "It would be unfortunate for any player to miss out on the chance of playing in the series, but we made that situation quite clear to all the clubs and they understand."

Walsh was one of the first Kerry players to be called into the training group after the All-Ireland final and he has been in Dublin for the last two weekends.

VACANCY FOR ONE THE REPLACEMENTS ? BUT WHICH ONE ?

Jinxy

I'd say Sean has a couple of players in mind. With the club season nearly over there's plenty of lads around the county at a loose end! ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carmen Stateside

Conor Gormley will be free to go now!
Would love to see how he would get on against the Aussies!

Minder

Get Ronan Clarke in, he wont lay down like some of the rest of them........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mackers

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 11, 2008, 09:32:01 PM
Conor Gormley will be free to go now!
Would love to see how he would get on against the Aussies!
The squad is light enough on quality forwards without replacing Walsh with a (quality) defender like Gormley.........surely has to mean a call up for Ronan Clarke.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

dodo

Quote from: Jinxy on October 11, 2008, 09:12:11 PM
I'd say Sean has a couple of players in mind. With the club season nearly over there's plenty of lads around the county at a loose end! ;)

Around the county ! You must be joking, what about Tommy 10 thumbs for St Peters Dunboyne, surely worth a lash.  :P

dodo

Quote from: JMohan on October 08, 2008, 12:03:29 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2008, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: liihb on October 07, 2008, 12:17:24 PM
Squad
Irish International Rules squad: Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Graham Canty (Cork), David Gallagher (Meath), Colm Begley ( Brisbane Lions/Laois), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Benny Coulter (Down), Bryan Cullen (Dublin), Kieran Donaghy (Kerry), Leighton Glynn (Wicklow), Finian Hanley (Galway), John Keane (Westmeath), Aaron Kernan (Armagh), Ciarán Lyng (Wexford), Steven McDonnell (Armagh), Enda McGinley (Tyrone), Ciarán McKeever (Armagh), Joe McMahon (Tyrone), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Michael Meehan (Galway), John Miskella (Cork), Aidan OMahony (Kerry), Pearse O'Neill (Cork), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Kevin Reilly (Meath), Tommy Walsh (Kerry), Killian Young (Kerry). Standby: Aidan Carr (Down), Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Paul Finlay (Monaghan), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Kevin McCloy (Derry), Martin McGrath (Fermanagh).

I'm thinking the balding Anthony Tohill was very much the junior partner in the selection process.

Good to see Leighton Glynn there - he was outstanding in last year's Tommy Murphy cup final.

I'd agree with the Tohill bit.

How you can leave out Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Kevin McCloy (Derry) and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh) I'll never understand.

But sending out David Gallagher (Meath), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Leighton Glynn (Wicklow), Finian Hanley (Galway), Ciarán Lyng (Wexford), Michael Meehan (Galway), John Miskella (Cork), Aidan OMahony (Kerry), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Kevin Reilly (Meath) and Tommy Walsh (Kerry) is just crazy.

How dare they include players from the free state in this squad.

Headbanger !
:D