Blood Sub Query - Club championship

Started by supersarsfields, September 11, 2008, 09:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Here lads I was just looking to find out something. If a player comes on in a senior championship game as a blood sub but goes of again after 5 mins is that person classed as having played in the senior championship and make him unavaliable for the reserve championship? It seems to be a grey area and I wasn't sure what the story is?

time ticking away

play them all.... you'll not beat Drumquin anyway  :P
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

screenexile

It depends what the rules are for your particular Club Championship... Derry has closed off a lot of avenues for a lot of teams!

From Derrygaa.ie

Players NOT eligible to play are as follows:
Any of the 12 named players given to C.C.C. by clubs.
Any player who has started in any of the 3 championship games already played.
Any player including blood subs who take part in the quarter final stages of the senior / Intermediate championship.

supersarsfields

Now Bummer you know what I mean, senior as in not reserve.  :)

True enough TTA, but sure we'll give it a rattle anyway. It'll be an excuse for a few drinks afterwards anyway.  ;)

magpie seanie

I would suspect it counts and a player would gain senior status, even if only used as a blood sub.

orangeman

He has played - so would be classed as a senor player.

time ticking away

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 11, 2008, 09:51:48 AM
Now Bummer you know what I mean, senior as in not reserve.  :)

True enough TTA, but sure we'll give it a rattle anyway. It'll be an excuse for a few drinks afterwards anyway.  ;)

You should know by now the Drumquin lads are athletes and wouldn't touch the stuff ;)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

jaykay

What happens if a blood sub is sent off, can the injured player come back on?

supersarsfields

As far as I know he can come back on at the expense of one of the other 14 players on the pitch. However the team still remains a man down.