Lance Armstrong to come out of retirement

Started by Minder, September 09, 2008, 09:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I guess he is just a thrill seeker.  He has got some balls or should I say some ball.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Square Ball

fair play to him, to win the next one would be a remarkable achievement
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

imtommygunn

Just hope he doesn't do a Linford Christie...

Over the Bar

QuoteLance Armstrong to come out of retirement

Surely age is no barrier to playing the trumpet? :P

magpie seanie

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. I wish him well.

The GAA

Any possibility that cycling, as a sport, have enticed him back to save it? with the drug issues cycling is dead on its feet

dublinfella

Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2008, 10:27:40 AM

Any possibility that cycling, as a sport, have enticed him back to save it? with the drug issues cycling is dead on its feet

So why bring him back then...?

screenexile

Fantastic! This will go to show all the doubters that the man is not on Drugs. If he comes back and performs well in the Tour de France, all the doubters will be silenced!

To be honest him coming out of retirement to me proves he wasn't on drugs. He was out, won all that he had and if he had taken drugs he'd have been counting his lucky stars that he'd gotten out without getting caught. For him to come out of retirement shows to me that he was never taking drugs in the first place and all the people saying he was on them are jealous begrudgers... fair play Lance good luck with the rest of the career!

time ticking away

For him to have any chance, which i dont think he has, he would need a top quality team of riders with him who would agree to him being team leader. And you think SON making a return might cause ill feeling among his teammates
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Off The Fence

Quote from: The GAA on September 10, 2008, 10:27:40 AM

My thoughts exactly GAA.  Hope this isnt the case and he is doing it off his own bat but I'm thinking along the same lines as yourself

dublinfella

Quote from: screenexile on September 10, 2008, 10:54:02 AM
Fantastic! This will go to show all the doubters that the man is not on Drugs. If he comes back and performs well in the Tour de France, all the doubters will be silenced!

To be honest him coming out of retirement to me proves he wasn't on drugs. He was out, won all that he had and if he had taken drugs he'd have been counting his lucky stars that he'd gotten out without getting caught. For him to come out of retirement shows to me that he was never taking drugs in the first place and all the people saying he was on them are jealous begrudgers... fair play Lance good luck with the rest of the career!

my head hurts trying to figure that out.

screenexile

Wow just read that myself and my head's spinning too!!!! I should really check things before I post!

I think what I mean was if he was taking drugs he would have been pretty happy retiring without getting caught. For him to now come back says to me that he has nothing to hide.