OWC intimidation continues, Donagh joins the hitlist and Sickboy goes nuclear

Started by Donagh, September 09, 2008, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: MW on September 10, 2008, 11:00:14 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on September 10, 2008, 05:01:55 PM
Yes he is a wind up merchant, but its only a bit of banter. As far as i can see he hasnt physically personally abused anyone.
The comment in question may have been made in poor taste, but fuckin hell its hardly a crime.

This whole affair strikes of paronoia and over sensitivity in some quarters.

Mind you, just like people wrongly labelling GAA fans etc, when he goes on the radio, in the papers etc spouting his crap I do actually think it helps to encourage an environment in which innocent people are verbally or physically abused.

That 'etc' you used. Would that also include referring to the GAA - an organisation of which many of those 'GAA fans' are members - as a 'pillar of institutionalised sectarianism'?  

That view belongs to a fellow OWC member of yours who expresses a deep desire to keep his real identity quiet. Now that's courage of your convictions!  :D

Let me know what he says when you chastise him about it!  ::)

MW

I'd include any unfair labelling of GAA fans as sectarian or insinuation that they are involved in sectarianism.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MW on September 10, 2008, 11:57:50 PM
I'd include any unfair labelling of GAA fans as sectarian or insinuation that they are involved in sectarianism.

Then you should be banning quite a few of your posters, Sir!
Tbc....

MW

Quote from: Mentalman on September 10, 2008, 11:45:43 PM
Quote from: KCGaelicFootball on September 10, 2008, 11:14:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 09, 2008, 02:52:46 PM
Thats an absolute disgrace!
Does Tony have any recourse for taking action against OWC?

I am new here what is the OWC ???

Never mind MW, he thinks you are being sarcastic. OWC stands for Our Wee Country, which is a website for supporters of the soccer team of Northern Ireland.

Ach s**t I joined the wrong OWC >:(

Going to have to join another group to indulge my admiration for Struthio camelus :-\

Mentalman

Quote from: MW on September 11, 2008, 12:02:13 AM

Never mind MW, he thinks you are being sarcastic. OWC stands for Our Wee Country, which is a website for supporters of the soccer team of Northern Ireland.

Going to have to join another group to indulge my admiration for Struthio camelus :-\

I know it will be a complete shock to you, but there are many GAA fans, like KC, who are blissfully unaware of OWC - jammy baxtards don't even know how lucky they are!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

MW

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 11, 2008, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: MW on September 10, 2008, 11:57:50 PM

Then you should be banning quite a few of your posters, Sir!

I don't have any posters ???

MW

Quote from: Mentalman on September 11, 2008, 12:05:59 AM

I know it will be  complete shock to you, but there are some GAA fans, like KC, who are blissfully unaware of OWC - jammy baxtards don't know how lucky they are!

I know...I'm just in a mildly frivolous mood...

It won't last for long though if someone can't point me in the direction of a ratite admiration society >:(

Mentalman

Quote from: MW on September 11, 2008, 12:07:56 AM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 11, 2008, 12:05:59 AM

I know it will be  complete shock to you, but there are some GAA fans, like KC, who are blissfully unaware of OWC - jammy baxtards don't know how lucky they are!

I know...I'm just in a mildly frivolous mood...

It won't last for long though if someone can't point me in the direction of a ratite admiration society >:(

Ah I think you are on the right site with OWC, after all those guys are well known for sticking their heads in the sand when faced with uncomfortable realities.

Anywho, should you not be celebrating a very creditable draw, rather than slumming it over here?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

full back

The Tonygate scandal seems to have been forgotten :o

Any word of the rotund fellow?
Bet he is salivating at the attention he is getting :D

T Fearon

I have deliberately considered this matter before responding.

My response is one of total bemusement. My comment was (as 99.99% of my comments are) intended to be humourous. On reflection I can now see that a victim or relative of one might not see the funny side, so in that regard I would concede it was in poor taste. In terms of personal safety, maybe its the taig in Portadown thing (when you have walked into the midst of a loyalist mob in 1974, at the bottom of the Garvaghy Road, at the time of the UWC strike with no light/electricity and survived, you do tend to become immune to fear) but I take the view if you're going to drown you'll not be hanged. I believe this says a lot about OWC its moderators and the general membership of that site, far more eloquently than any amount of letters from me.

In the past I used to get postcards from OWC at work, from practically every away country they visited, unsigned of course. On one occasion I had a visit from an OWC member, when I got the call to my office I was unsure as to his motives, but I agreed to meet him, and he had no ulterior motive for the visit, and we got on very well and found that we agreed on almost everything.

You see, unlike OWC with me, its not personal as far as I'm concerned. My main point is that the IFA has failed to create a soccer entity in this part of Ireland which commands the respect and allegiance of the entire community. Simple as that and an irrefutable fact.

ziggysego

Good to see you're still about Tony. Was worried when you weren't about a few days there.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Quote from: ziggysego on September 11, 2008, 11:33:10 AM
Good to see you're still about Tony. Was worried when you weren't about a few days there.

Its apple season ziggy
Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Ziggy, rumours oy my demise (as well as my size) are greatly exaggerated ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on September 11, 2008, 11:44:25 AM
Ziggy, rumours oy my demise (as well as my size) are greatly exaggerated ;D

Well I'm glad your demise wasn't true.

However I've seen you, not much exaggeration there ;)
Testing Accessibility