OWC intimidation continues, Donagh joins the hitlist and Sickboy goes nuclear

Started by Donagh, September 09, 2008, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: dublinfella on September 10, 2008, 03:57:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2008, 03:46:58 PM
I think that's inarguable dublinfella. But two wrongs do not make a right. That stuff should never have been put in the public domain.

Fearons original post?  ;)

I have yet to see anyone argue otherwise. But the point here is, sinister and all as putting somones place of work up is, he, of all people, was on the OWC winding them up, using his own name as his handle, about a very nasty incident. He got his reaction and hadn't the good sense to retain his anonymity.

Nifan is substantivly right. A search of this site would give you his workplace, where to find photos and a good stab at where he lived. OWC shouldnt have posted what they did, but he needs to dramatically get a grip if he thinks he can carry on like that.

I agree, with both of ye (nifan and yourself) that Tony is not shy about his identity, or his profession or much else. In many ways it's to his credit. But if you post the things he posts, and are public about your identity, you are obviously putting yourself in a precarious position. If I posted under my real name, and abused someone local to me, I would be a bit wary of meeting that person :D

However, the substantive point in this is not Tony's cop on, or lack of it. The point is that the lads who posted that information on OWC, especially in the context it was posted in was bang out of order in my opinion. That's the key issue.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bennydorano on September 10, 2008, 04:04:56 PM
Where did Mr Fearon make the comments that have this fatwah on the go?  Had a look through his posting history here and there's nada.

I think it's the general fact that Tony goes on the radio, the papers, the internet and continually gets under their skin with Linfield/IFA, Unionist and Loyalist stuff. It's a dam that's been waiting to burst :D His mocking post about the attack in Slovakia was the straw I think. But they'll calm down eventually again, I hope.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: dublinfella on September 10, 2008, 03:57:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2008, 03:46:58 PM
I think that's inarguable dublinfella. But two wrongs do not make a right. That stuff should never have been put in the public domain.

Fearons original post?  ;)

I have yet to see anyone argue otherwise. But the point here is, sinister and all as putting somones place of work up is, he, of all people, was on the OWC winding them up, using his own name as his handle, about a very nasty incident. He got his reaction and hadn't the good sense to retain his anonymity.

Nifan is substantivly right. A search of this site would give you his workplace, where to find photos and a good stab at where he lived. OWC shouldnt have posted what they did, but he needs to dramatically get a grip if he thinks he can carry on like that.

Dublinfella do you ever actually read anything on here? or do you just go in both feet first?
Tony did not post the joke on OWC, he posted it here, and some OWC troll quickly ran to their site crying foul - obviously waiting for any opportunity to feel oppressed!

Tony made a joke/comment (abeit in some peoples minds in bad taste) and it has been blown out of all proportion - ffs I don't think anyone on here can say that they have not made a throw away remark about topical issues at some stage or other.

I suggest that you register on their site and read some of the vile filth they spout, before you come on here preaching!
Tbc....

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 10, 2008, 04:01:51 PM
Dublinfella bypasses soccer fans disgraceful actions and instead makes a point that the victim, a gaa fan, was asking for it shocker!!

Change the record and crawl out of your ársé.

I'm not the only person saying Fearon needs to cop on when it comes to winding them up and I clearly stated I thought the posters on the OWC site were offside. If you are going to attempt these feeble attempts to pass judgement on me, at least have the cop on to read what I am saying.

lfdown2

Dublinfella bypasses soccer fans disgraceful actions and instead makes a point that the victim, a gaa fan, was asking for it shocker!!

tonys a gaa fan, SHOCKER ??? ???

bingobus

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 10, 2008, 04:26:27 PM

tonys a gaa fan, SHOCKER ??? ???

:D  :D  :D Best post so far

bennydorano

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2008, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 10, 2008, 04:04:56 PM
Where did Mr Fearon make the comments that have this fatwah on the go?  Had a look through his posting history here and there's nada.

I think it's the general fact that Tony goes on the radio, the papers, the internet and continually gets under their skin with Linfield/IFA, Unionist and Loyalist stuff. It's a dam that's been waiting to burst :D His mocking post about the attack in Slovakia was the straw I think. But they'll calm down eventually again, I hope.
The fact that Tone can wind them up en mass is amazing. Imagine if he got a few like minded people to join him in his crusade, there'd be civil war.

nifan

it isnt just ni fans he can wind up, when he posts on tyrone or the hillsborough he can get people fairly agitated too with a range of biased or despicable views.

Yes I Would

Yes he is a wind up merchant, but its only a bit of banter. As far as i can see he hasnt physically personally abused anyone.
The comment in question may have been made in poor taste, but fuckin hell its hardly a crime.

This whole affair strikes of paronoia and over sensitivity in some quarters.

MW

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 10, 2008, 05:01:55 PM
Yes he is a wind up merchant, but its only a bit of banter. As far as i can see he hasnt physically personally abused anyone.
The comment in question may have been made in poor taste, but fuckin hell its hardly a crime.

This whole affair strikes of paronoia and over sensitivity in some quarters.

Mind you, just like people wrongly labelling GAA fans etc, when he goes on the radio, in the papers etc spouting his crap I do actually think it helps to encourage an environment in which innocent people are verbally or physically abused.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 09, 2008, 02:52:46 PM
Thats an absolute disgrace!
Does Tony have any recourse for taking action against OWC?

I am new here what is the OWC ???
ta se mor

MW

Ostrich Watching Club.

Emus get a look-in too, but it's generally restricted to spotting large flightless birds.

Yes I Would

Fearon is a one man crusade and i dont think he influences anyone in their views. He doesnt hold any position of influence in society.
Some people may share his opinions, but realistically these are opinions that people would have held before Tony Fearon came onto the scene.

He pens his identity to his rantings and if a connection can be made between any of his views or comments to an act of violence or abuse well then i would agree he has crossed the line.

MW

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 10, 2008, 11:24:28 PM
Fearon is a one man crusade and i dont think he influences anyone in their views. He doesnt hold any position of influence in society.
Some people may share his opinions, but realistically these are opinions that people would have held before Tony Fearon came onto the scene.

He pens his identity to his rantings and if a connection can be made between any of his views or comments to an act of violence or abuse well then i would agree he has crossed the line.

I wouldn't be so sure - for example I'm sure some people who heard his nonsense on Radio Ulster about NI fans singing a sectarian song at the Millennium Stadium, for example, took it at face value.

Mentalman

Quote from: KCGaelicFootball on September 10, 2008, 11:14:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 09, 2008, 02:52:46 PM
Thats an absolute disgrace!
Does Tony have any recourse for taking action against OWC?

I am new here what is the OWC ???

Never mind MW, he thinks you are being sarcastic. OWC stands for Our Wee Country, which is a website for supporters of the soccer team of Northern Ireland.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."