weekend breaks in ireland

Started by kinghen, September 09, 2008, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

Sleepzone is a fantastic hostel/apartments. They have small apartments available that sleep 4 and have a mini kitchen/living room each and are great value. Will probably work out about 25/30 quid per person per nightThey're great for having few drinks before you hit the town. CP's is a big fancy night club. The Quay's is a good all day pub, do good food and show all sport and the Front Door is another good spot.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

fitzroyalty

Cheers attheraces, will check all those out. Any good places for picking up hens? Think that CP's might too fancy for some of our clientele lol

attheraces

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 08, 2011, 10:10:45 PM
Cheers attheraces, will check all those out. Any good places for picking up hens? Think that CP's might too fancy for some of our clientele lol

ha, try Karma, the drunken ones are turfed into there! not a bad spot.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Blowitupref

Galway has the Big Top/Arts Festival & horse racing in July so won't be much accommodation available
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 08, 2011, 10:56:59 PM
Galway has the Big Top/Arts Festival & horse racing in July so won't be much accommodation available
We plan to go before all that, hopefully shouldn't be too bad

Onion Bag

Well lads and Lasses, Im looking to book a weekend away for me and Mrs OB, would love to get away down to Cork or Kerry, she has been in neither, something quiet, cheap and cheerful,
anyone got any ideas as to where would be best?
Special offers etc, what is this groupon that everyone is bangin on about? does it apply to Ireland
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

When you get sorted let me know the craic,

you are cutting it a bit fine arent you?

glens abu

Some really good deals about at present,got 3 nights B+B with 1 evening meal in July at 4* Radissun Blue Rosses point for 99 Euro each.

Onion Bag

Quote from: glens abu on June 13, 2011, 04:12:35 PM
Some really good deals about at present,got 3 nights B+B with 1 evening meal in July at 4* Radissun Blue Rosses point for 99 Euro each.

Sounds brilliant Glens, i was just on their website and it is working out a lot more expensive than that, did you contact them by phone or what where did you see that deal

glens abu

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 13, 2011, 04:58:19 PM

Sounds brilliant Glens, i was just on their website and it is working out a lot more expensive than that, did you contact them by phone or what where did you see that deal

Onion go to greatbreaks.ie and you will find it along with other great deal.I just checked and its still available

galwayman

QuoteA few of us are thinking of booking Galway city for a boozy weekend during the July fortnight.

Mid/late twenties, any recommendations for accommodation, nightclubs, eateries, etc?

For accomodation would ye be looking for hostels or hotels? As attheraces said SleepZone is one option if ye're looking for a hostel.There's also a hostel called Barnacles which is right slap bang in the middle of Quay Street.Ideal location though I have never been in it so I don't know what it's like.
Some hotels that would be very well located for the nightlife etc would be Jurys Inn and the House hotel. Jurys is perfectly located and has a nice beer garden out the back beside the river.

For nightlife - pubs like the Front Door and Busker Brownes (directly across the road from each other) are probably the most popular and would be known to attract good looking women! Both are late disco bars.
Quays is a good spot for pints earlier in the day whille Monroes over the bridge is also a decent bar.

The nightclubs are average enough with Halo definitely the best for women.

As regards eateries - it all depends if ye're looking for cheap and cheerful bar food or want to eat a restaurant meal etc.
Quay Street has a few options - restaurants like Martines & KC  Blakes are decent while it also has Fat Freddys and McDonaghs for the cheap and cheerful food.
Front Door, Buskers and the Dail bar all do decent pub grub as well. All of these places are in or around the same area.
For sambos,coffee,breakfast etc Sam Baileys on Abbeygate Street is probably the best place in town.

If you need any more info on the city I would be happy to help

Onion Bag

Quote from: glens abu on June 13, 2011, 07:37:48 PM

Onion go to greatbreaks.ie and you will find it along with other great deal.I just checked and its still available

As Mac Eoighan says, you need some sort of unique code to book anything here, where do you get your hands on one or whats the story?

some really good deals on offer though

glens abu

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 14, 2011, 08:16:57 AM
Quote from: glens abu on June 13, 2011, 07:37:48 PM

As Mac Eoighan says, you need some sort of unique code to book anything here, where do you get your hands on one or whats the story?

some really good deals on offer though

Topaz service stations for every £25 fuels get 1 stamp,5 stamps gets you a code.I would put £100 in car in a week Onion so no bother getting codes.I will get you 1 in a week if you want.

Onion Bag

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on June 16, 2011, 11:12:47 PM
Couple of good sites helped the cause:

http://www.irelandhotels.com

http://www.lidl-breaks.ie

Now, what the f*** is there to do in Sligo for a weekend...

Depends what part of Sligo your going to & what type of weekend your looking for.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose