The big screens at Croker

Started by Rav67, September 07, 2008, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should they show the match on the screens?

Yes
29 (85.3%)
No
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: September 14, 2008, 10:21:11 PM

Rav67

I think the big screens showing the match spoils the atmosphere a bit at Croke Park.  Everyone seems to be looking up at them all the time as evidenced every time the camera cuts to someone and they start waving at the screen, as well as the odd "oo" after a replay has been shown of a post being hit or whatever.  In other sports they just show the team line-outs on the screen.  It has to be off-putting for the players and the crowd should be looking at the pitch or else whats the point of actually paying in rather than watching it at home?

ziggysego

Er.. yeah, show the game on the big screen.

Sometimes ignorance gits stand up infront of me and I miss the action. I can follow it on the screen though. Bit confusing though, as I'm always in the Cusack and the screen is going the opposite way.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Don't really agree Rav. Think it gives an instant replay so a lot of fans can see what really happened. Lost count of the number of times I've heard people screaming for a foul then watching the replay on the big screen an instantly shutting up. Suppose that works both ways and can put pressure on referees but to be honest I don't think it's a big issue.
Quite often in Croke Park you're over a hundred yards from what's happening and getting to see the real technique in a shot/save/foul/tackle close up on the screen is a real bonus for spectators.

Tankie

I think the big screen is great, in fact it annoys me if I go to a sporting event and it does not have one, especially for replays or key incidents!
Grand Slam Saturday!

maggie

I like them for 2 reasons

(1) scanning the crowd when someone is shown to see if you know any1
(2) trying to get on the big screen myself so that i can wave frantically

fred the red

as soon as people wave at the cam, they cut it. you would be safer doing something else like pick your nose

time ticking away

I particularly like the ads they show after some fella gets decapitated
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Owenmoresider

Three things today with CP:

a) Plan B should really be Plan A, none of this stewards holding up a orange mesh fence nonsense, if KK and Kerry fans will invade then there's no hope with Waterford or Tyrone fans if they won/win.
b) The music is way too loud when the teams were to come out, the roar of the crowd on their arrival out is noise enough, thanks.
c) The screen managed to half miss Cha getting the cup, with that silly "Comhairgedeas Cill Chainnigh" message, twas hard to see the presentation so to see it on screen would have been welcome.

The 'game' - well that they can do little about.

gerry

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2008, 11:31:58 PM
Three things today with CP:

a) Plan B should really be Plan A, none of this stewards holding up a orange mesh fence nonsense, if KK and Kerry fans will invade then there's no hope with Waterford or Tyrone fans if they won/win.
b) The music is way too loud when the teams were to come out, the roar of the crowd on their arrival out is noise enough, thanks.
c) The screen managed to half miss Cha getting the cup, with that silly "Comhairgedeas Cill Chainnigh" message, twas hard to see the presentation so to see it on screen would have been welcome.

The 'game' - well that they can do little about.

there no if's about it, we will. positive thinking
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Do they show the match on the big screen ?

I thought it was only replays they showed ?

ziggysego

They show the game, but not "incidents"
Testing Accessibility

filthylittlebeast

nah its better watching the real thing than on the screens, that way you can see more of the action.  The screen only focuses on where the ball is... but its always nice to watch what the other players are doing across the pitch... the line up for a score etc ! The screen doesn't catch these things... !

blanketattack

The Cork and Biarritz fans have complained about showing scenes external to the match that guarantees a big cheer from the opposing fans i.e. Darragh Ó Sé and the crowd in Limerick respectively.

cornafean

Quote from: blanketattack on September 08, 2008, 11:48:17 AM
The Cork and Biarritz fans have complained about showing scenes external to the match that guarantees a big cheer from the opposing fans i.e. Darragh Ó Sé and the crowd in Limerick respectively.

Interesting point.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

under the bar

It's great when they pan around to see the fit looking birds in the crowd.  To promote this more girls should come to the games in bikini tops, wonderbras and the likes.