Cheap Flights to America

Started by Off The Fence, September 03, 2008, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Well made it to the states alright. Jumped of Aer Lingus flight in heathrow and it took about 50 mins to get to our onward gate giving us 40 mins to spare. Risky enough because our inward flight was on time and there was no queue at sercurity. Either of these could have fucked us up. Cheers for all the help

carribbear

Quote from: gawa316 on December 20, 2008, 05:13:21 PM
Well made it to the states alright. Jumped of Aer Lingus flight in heathrow and it took about 50 mins to get to our onward gate giving us 40 mins to spare. Risky enough because our inward flight was on time and there was no queue at sercurity. Either of these could have fucked us up. Cheers for all the help

Enjoy SF. Try the quiche  :D

the Deel Rover

the missus is heading to philadelphia in the summer trying to get a direct flight , i see that us airways are flying direct for about €750 euro any other airways fly direct to philly ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

carribbear

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 14, 2009, 11:33:07 AM
the missus is heading to philadelphia in the summer trying to get a direct flight , i see that us airways are flying direct for about €750 euro any other airways fly direct to philly ?

Fly to Newark and take the train to philly. it's about an hour out.
US airways are the only ones I know that do the direct route.

muppet

Quote from: carribbear on March 14, 2009, 02:21:01 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 14, 2009, 11:33:07 AM

Fly to Newark and take the train to philly. it's about an hour out.
US airways are the only ones I know that do the direct route.

If your dates are flexible Dulles might be cheaper but you stil have a land journey. Direct is probably better though, less hassle.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

thanks lads probably just go for the direct flight to philly there's probably feck all difference in it  ( money wise) and as you said muppett its a lot less hassle
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

carribbear

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 14, 2009, 02:55:45 PM
thanks lads probably just go for the direct flight to philly there's probably feck all difference in it  ( money wise) and as you said muppett its a lot less hassle

it's a nice wee spin from Dulles to city centre washington, take you half an hour by cab at least.

Newark has a train station that goes to philly (amtrak)

of course if theres no difference in money direct is the way to go although check continental airlines to newark.

tyronefan

try this site from Asda  they offer the cheapest flights from all airlines

it has flights from Ireland although it is a UK site

http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/

gawa316

Anyone flown with aer lingus to the states recently? We usually bring a big suitcase and one medium one each but now I think the allowance is just a big one each. Anyone know what the deal is here? Packing at the min or the woman is so she wants to know how much shite she can pack?

Cheers in advance

orangeman

Quote from: gawa316 on November 06, 2009, 04:35:10 PM
Anyone flown with aer lingus to the states recently? We usually bring a big suitcase and one medium one each but now I think the allowance is just a big one each. Anyone know what the deal is here? Packing at the min or the woman is so she wants to know how much shite she can pack?

Cheers in advance

23kg in total I think.

gawa316

Aye thats what I thought, will probably buy an extra suitcase out there and pay the fees for it

gawa316

Right looking at flights to San Fran for xmas. Expedia, Kayak, Cheap Flights etc all coming back with about 380 stg with Delta, which sounds feckin great.

However we'll have a 8 month old nipper then and can't seem to get prices for them. On expedia when I add in the young 'un it doesn't even bring up the Delta flights. When I go through Kayak it doesn't give you the opportunity to add a baby so it just works out as 3 people.

Anyone ever flew with Delta and what their policy is on flying with babies?

Or if anyone else has booked on any other site could they let me know?

Cheers

Puckoon

I am almost certain that children fly free under 2 years  of age. You should contact delta directly.

I assume your flight though delta is docking in atlanta?

gawa316

Quote from: Puckoon on February 19, 2010, 12:07:50 AM
I am almost certain that children fly free under 2 years  of age. You should contact delta directly.

I assume your flight though delta is docking in atlanta?

Some are through Atlanta and some through JFK.

It's weird, when I go direct to the delta site the price they offer me for just a single person is 578 euro but when I go through kayak they put me through to delta's site and it comes back at 428 euro. How the feck does that work? ???