Will Tyrone ever shake off the puke football tag?

Started by T Fearon, September 03, 2008, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will T-Fearon every lose his sour grapes about Tyrone?

Not until Tyrone have a 10 year barren run at all levels
Not until Armagh win another All-Ireland
Not until he becomes a priest
Not until he wins the lottery
Not Until he spits out the sour grapes and goes back to munching apples
Never - He is just to bitter and twisted

T Fearon

Er, Meath defeated Armagh in the 1999 semi final, in 2001 we were eliminated by Galway in a third round qualifier. Not surprised you are confused, as Gaelic Football only started in 2003 as far as Tyrone are concerned. ;D

Welcome back all the same, and I hope we'll see you again after September 21st ;D

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 03, 2008, 04:00:51 PM

I've been lurking on this board for a while posting under a different username that I've now retired. Less than a handful copped on to it.

By the way, the two Brians?

Would it have been tram?

T Fearon

You used to see him " lurking" at Clones and Casement, wearing a funny red anorak with eventsec on it.

D4S

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2008, 03:31:32 PM
I echo those sentiments. There are drawbacks to whatever scenario unfolds. However Tyrone supporters (practically non existent at Croke Park for the Dublin game) are now appearing from every hole in the hedge. Say what you like about Armagh's style of football etc, but their supporters back them all the way, unlike Tyrone's.

Emmmm where were your fans in Ballybofey last year???  Big Joe wasn't too happy then!
I'm a Down man but your Tyrone bashing on 434 threads on this board is laughable!  You have a huge chip on your shoulder!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Over the Bar

QuoteSay what you like about Armagh's style of football etc, but their supporters back them all the way, unlike Tyrone's.

Wasn't that long ago that Armagh were having to use column inches in the paper to urge people to attend championship games in the Athletic Grounds in case the opposing fans outnumbered them!!  ;D

... but since that was pre-1999 none of the so-called Armagh fans of today remember it!   ;D

And what about Joe deflecting the defeat in Ballybofey onto the stay away supporters?   ;D

Keep digging!!  :D

Muzz

Next thread Tony - Start a poll to see how many of the Tyrone Board supporters were at the Dublin game and then how many will get a ticket for the All-Ireland final.  Yet those that have followed Tyrone all year will struggle to make AIF Day.   ;)

T Fearon

Correct Muzz, and that is in all seriousness a real disgrace. As usual the fairweather mob will get the tickets

Doohicky

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2008, 04:36:47 PM
Correct Muzz, and that is in all seriousness a real disgrace. As usual the fairweather mob will get the tickets

Agree here, spent a fortune travelling down to Dublin for the last two games and arranging accomadation.
But I know come the final the usual crowd who haven't been to a game all year will be going while I miss out for the third time since I now live in Belfast and am not 'affilaited' with the club anymore.

heineken_on_tap

Kerry have 35 AI's and at least their supporters can maintain their dignity on this board. Ye Tyrone and Armagh heads have 3 between ye and are acting like kids in a playground. Time for some of ye to grow up methinks.  Not too often I would support Kerry in the final but I will be in a few weeks time.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2008, 04:36:47 PM

Or someone who enters a competition  ::) ::) ::) ::)

ziggysego

Just for the record, I was at the two Down games.

Didn't get to the qualifers, as they unforunately clashed with unavoidable dates. Family weddings, holidays, etc.. I was at both the Dublin game and Wexford game.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Well Ziggy, I hope you, and every other genuine supporter, gets a ticket.

T Fearon

I myself was at the 2002 and 2003 All Ireland Finals solely due to the generosity of a Board Poster (2002) and a work connection (2003). I had attended every Armagh game, in both league and championship in both of those seasons, but if I had been relying on the normal channels I wouldn't have smelt a ticket for either game.

I am genuinely at the stage now, every season, that when Armagh get eliminated, I am almost relieved that I do not have to embark on an agonising and soul destroying search for AI Final tickets.

As others have said, its not the disappointment of not getting one, its the fact that many assholes who haven't been at a game all season do.

orangeman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2008, 04:59:33 PM
I myself was at the 2002 and 2003 All Ireland Finals solely due to the generosity of a Board Poster (2002) and a work connection (2003). I had attended every Armagh game, in both league and championship in both of those seasons, but if I had been relying on the normal channels I wouldn't have smelt a ticket for either game.

I am genuinely at the stage now, every season, that when Armagh get eliminated, I am almost relieved that I do not have to embark on an agonising and soul destroying search for AI Final tickets.

As others have said, its not the disappointment of not getting one, its the fact that many assholes who haven't been at a game all season do.

Maybe they  give generously to the GAA ?

reddgnhand

Quote from: D4S on September 03, 2008, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2008, 03:31:32 PM
I echo those sentiments. There are drawbacks to whatever scenario unfolds. However Tyrone supporters (practically non existent at Croke Park for the Dublin game) are now appearing from every hole in the hedge. Say what you like about Armagh's style of football etc, but their supporters back them all the way, unlike Tyrone's.

Emmmm where were your fans in Ballybofey last year???  Big Joe wasn't too happy then!
I'm a Down man but your Tyrone bashing on 434 threads on this board is laughable!  You have a huge chip on your shoulder!

No he hasnt the fecker ate it.