Lyng's goal on Sunday, better than Mulligan's 2005 effort?

Started by T Fearon, September 02, 2008, 09:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The way the lad burst through what is now Ireland's best defence (since three weeks ago), risking life and limb, with two or three Tyrone defenders homing in, and the quality finish, makes it better in my opinion than Mulligan's goal in 2005. After all Mulligan was isolated when he got possession and sold the same dummy twice to two naive Dublin defenders, and had loads of time to pick his spot,unlike young Lyng.

full back

You must be bored today Tony - starting sh1te like this :D
For the record I think Mulligans goal was better

screenexile

Maximus Marillius

Mulligans goal reigns supreme. Even before the ball got to Mulligan, it was collected initially by O'Neill...did you see his pick up under pressure. Everything about the goal was class.

balladmaker

Mulligan's was better by a mile, especially since it actually had an impact on the game....Lyng's goal was irrelevant.

haze

great goal by Lyng, but better than Mulligans... don't think so. I actually prefered Pearce O Neil's goal for Cork over Lyng's, a more delicate and precise finish

Over the Bar

Nah.  McKeever's for Armagh against Dublin in 2002 was the best ever.

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

fer fox ache

Over the Bar

QuoteJesus Tony, you're so transparent

Those sitting behind him on matchday might beg to differ on that one! ;D

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: man in black on September 02, 2008, 09:45:28 AM
mulligans goal was illegal

doesn't it show you how stupid some of the rules are when you have a ref here telling us it was illegal...thank god you were not in charge of that game...fussy p***k

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jinxy on September 02, 2008, 10:25:04 AM
Pearse O'Neills goal was the best of the day.
would agree with Jinxy here.

Lyngs goal wasnt even that good , if the keeper had stood instead of dived (unusual for a tyronie ;) it would have hit him in the chest!

man in black

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 02, 2008, 10:36:47 AM

doesn't it show you how stupid some of the rules are when you have a ref here telling us it was illegal...thank god you were not in charge of that game...fussy p***k

You cannot throw the ball from one hand to the other. Yellow card for Maximus Dickamus
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

lynchbhoy

Quote from: man in black on September 02, 2008, 10:43:27 AM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 02, 2008, 10:36:47 AM

You cannot throw the ball from one hand to the other. Yellow card for Maximus Dickamus
he didnt throw the ball from one hand to the other

fantastic and legitimate goal.