Lyng's goal on Sunday, better than Mulligan's 2005 effort?

Started by T Fearon, September 02, 2008, 09:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

man in black

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 02, 2008, 02:09:09 PM
QuoteAs a "Dub/victim" of Mulligans goal, I would like to state that its pretty clear that Mulligan did NOT throw the ball from hand to hand. Totally legal.

2 fat-headed Armagh posters disagree  ..... now there's a surprise!

I hope you arent making out im from Armagh.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Widespread false accusations of Armaghness being thrown around here!
Ask me holy bollix

blanketattack

Quote from: Jinxy on September 02, 2008, 10:25:04 AM
Pearse O'Neills goal was the best of the day.

The goal of the day was the last meath goal in the minors. He drop-kicked it from 20 yards into the top corner.

Hardy

I think you're right about Giles, Canalman. I wasn't at that match, but I think I remember seeing that in the highlights on TV.

Anyway,I'm sure you'll all change your minds about the greatest goal of all time when I remind you (how could you forget) about a certain Mr. Foley. Comes top of the list in all categories - quality of move, number of players involved, awareness, impact on the game, number of consecutive passes, number of defenders beaten, impact on the history of the game, absence of any hint of foul on ball or man and execution. And did I mention impact?

Hardy

That's right Jinxy. You don't often see drop-kicked goals. Brolly was a right p***k about it afterwards, denying the young lad his moment of glory by rubbishing the goal, saying it was an accident, "look at the look on his face", etc. Clown. These are minors and should be encouraged, not sneered at.

T Fearon

Er, is the title of this debate not soely about which was the better goal, Mulligan's or Lyng's?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2008, 01:05:18 PM
Only fools buy dummies, and only two Dublin fools buy the same dummy in quick succession.

Personal likes, dislikes, prejudices or other factors do not come into it. Quite simply Lyng's was the better goal, in terms of bravery, foresight, quality of defender evaded, comparitie time on the ball and clinical execution....in my opinion of course.

You seen all that whilst stuffing a sandwich in your gob?

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Over the Bar

Quote2 fat-headed Armagh posters disagree  ..... now there's a surprise!

Fat headed Armagh poster 

I've been called several things on here, but thats definately a new one 

They disagree with your comments hhnb.

Puckoon

Always interesting to see who starts the threads.

Lyngs goal was better. He beat 5 men and finished with his weaker foot.

Actually thats balls, the tyrone defense were playing past midfield when he got the ball. He outstripped one 32 year old (with a head start) - but ill give him props for the finish.

Puckoon

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2008, 01:05:18 PM
Only fools buy dummies, and only two Dublin fools buy the same dummy in quick succession.

Personal likes, dislikes, prejudices or other factors do not come into it. Quite simply Lyng's was the better goal, in terms of bravery, foresight, quality of defender evaded, comparitie time on the ball and clinical execution....in my opinion of course.

Lets just look at this for a second here (I know I know, im indulging - should stick to the never argue with a fool philosophy)

Bravery

Lyny was untouched for the entire move

Mulligan was busted as he played the ball

Foresight

Lyng had most of the attacking 45 with no defender directly in front of him. Block (I believe) was standing off marking the other forward.

Mulligan beat his marker, beat two more men.

Quality of defender beaten.

Lyng - if he had beaten any defenders could take this title, but unfortunately there wasnt a defender within sniffing distance

Mugsy - well they were only dublin defenders, but he still beat two of them, and the all star elect goalkeeper.

As for the rest of that - if you cant dazzle them with brilliance tony - baffle us with bullshit!

Fair dues on the potential wind up however.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 02, 2008, 02:43:08 PM
They disagree with your comments hhnb.

what that Mulligans goal was better and legal?

Strange for a Tyrone man to dissaprove of me saying that  ???
Ask me holy bollix

Over the Bar

Ok wakey-wakey and smell the nut-roast cornflakes!     

1.You said mulligans goal was better. 
2. The originator of the thread and another Armagh poster said Lyng's was better. 
3. I said that's hardly surprising since they are from Armagh!