Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Man Marker on May 06, 2011, 10:29:16 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2011, 10:14:18 PM
I don't really buy into the link though. You hear this all the time - 1986 or 1995 paved the way (or lit the flame) for our recent success. That's a load of bollix really. There is no link atall. Same for the U21 teams of the early 90s. The reason why Tyrone won 3 AIs is because they managed to garner a squad of players with excellent ability at the one time with an insightful manager. Tyrone is a big county - it should have happened more often.

The main reason why Tyrone won three was because of the back door, still have only one through the tradtional route, not complaining with having three, just stating the factual aspect of it.

On the other hand, as Ulster Champs, they have been beaten by back door teams. Swings an all.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2011, 10:14:18 PM
I don't really buy into the link though. You hear this all the time - 1986 or 1995 paved the way (or lit the flame) for our recent success. That's a load of bollix really. There is no link atall. Same for the U21 teams of the early 90s. The reason why Tyrone won 3 AIs is because they managed to garner a squad of players with excellent ability at the one time with an insightful manager. Tyrone is a big county - it should have happened more often.

excellent post, especially the highlighted bit. What the f**k would have 86 or 95 have got to do with 2003 ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

catchandkick

I know this is available online but how far south is this newspaper distributed. Is it sold in Dublin?

ck

Quote from: catchandkick on May 08, 2011, 01:35:09 AM
I know this is available online but how far south is this newspaper distributed. Is it sold in Dublin?

I travel all round Ireland for a living and the furthest South I have seen it onsale is Dundalk Co.Louth. I have never seen it in Dublin.

sham69

Quote from: ck on April 23, 2011, 01:12:20 PM
I agree, I still buy it despite its many flaws. Joe Brolly, the coaching articles and the unusual features are worth the money.
Flaw No. 1: Brendan Devenney!
How is that man still writing for them, he comes out with awful oul tripe. He was a maverick player who flattered to deceive and never did it when it counted. He also never won anything with Donegal (at least I don't think he did?) He isnt a manager or a coach.. yet he is given a page every week to show off his ignorance. Surely GL could do better than him?

I find parts of GL boring sure but thats stuff that i'm not interested in, i enjoy brendan devenneys articles, sure some of them are a bit off the wall but it takes all types,be boring if everyone had the same point of view. I think you are showing you're ignorance by claiming that a player has to have won a lot to talk about the game. you are just after giving an opinion on what someone writes so then, what have you written???  thats like the galvan dig at the sunday game crew about how many all ir they'd won. if galvan had been born up the road in limerick how many would he have won?
if GL didn't like devenneys write ups he wouldn't be there.................... maybe you could send in 1? with you're words of wisdom

sham69

I agree, I still buy it despite its many flaws. Joe Brolly, the coaching articles and the unusual features are worth the money.
How is that man still writing for them, he comes out with awful oul tripe. He was a maverick player who flattered to deceive and never did it when it counted. He also never won anything with Donegal (at least I don't think he did?) He isnt a manager or a coach.. yet he is given a page every week to show off his ignorance. Surely GL could do better than him?

well lad, i to have issues with Ga Life and find parts of it boring but i enjoy brendan devenneys articles, sure some are of the charts but it takes all types.you asked what did he win? since when did it take winning things to make you have a good point of view? thats like Galvin asking how many all ir had the sunday game team won? how many would he have won if he'd lived up the road in limerick? its like you're opinion now on the press, what qualifies you to talk, maybe you could write a topical article and and i'll see what its like but i'd doubt you have the brain

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

ONeill

Listened to the second podcast there - they're starting to find a bit of rhythm.

ck

Quote from: sham69 on May 17, 2011, 11:45:16 PM

well lad, i to have issues with Ga Life and find parts of it boring but i enjoy brendan devenneys articles, sure some are of the charts but it takes all types.you asked what did he win? since when did it take winning things to make you have a good point of view? thats like Galvin asking how many all ir had the sunday game team won? how many would he have won if he'd lived up the road in limerick? its like you're opinion now on the press, what qualifies you to talk, maybe you could write a topical article and and i'll see what its like but i'd doubt you have the brain

No need for the cheap insults there Sham69. You completely missed the point. Nobody said you had to have won something to have an opinion. In fact most people who have won things I wouldnt want to listen to their dribble anyway. My point on Devenney was that I couldnt understand how he got that gig in the first place, what was it based on? He was an average player who won nothing who flattered to deceive time and time again. He then gets handed an article and spouts over the top nonsense in it. but sure at least you enjoy it.

Don Johnson

They're bringing the podcasts out a bit too regular. One a week would suffice. Good idea though and glad there is a bit of competition now with them.

ONeill

I'd imagine the first one was a bit of a trial.

ck

Just listened to the podcasts. Good enough oul craic. I'd say they will get better as they go along.

bloodybreakball

thought both of them were good. full stop! didnt think the first one was a hames at all

muppet

Quote from: sham69 on May 15, 2011, 10:22:50 AM

I find parts of GL boring sure but thats stuff that i'm not interested in, i enjoy brendan devenneys articles, sure some of them are a bit off the wall but it takes all types,be boring if everyone had the same point of view. I think you are showing you're ignorance by claiming that a player has to have won a lot to talk about the game. you are just after giving an opinion on what someone writes so then, what have you written???  thats like the galvan dig at the sunday game crew about how many all ir they'd won. if galvan had been born up the road in limerick how many would he have won?
if GL didn't like devenneys write ups he wouldn't be there.................... maybe you could send in 1? with you're words of wisdom

Don't take it personally....oh and welcome to the board Brendan.
MWWSI 2017