Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Thursday definitely suits a lot better, will be able to read it in peace now.

£1 is great value.

Orangemac

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 13, 2011, 09:52:39 PM
anyone able to post Brolly's article from last friday. It was brilliant
Agree it was a well written piece. Usually it is some piece of self promotion but occasionally he hits the right note

ck

Gaelic life is now available on Thursday. No idea why they have changed but think its a good idea

ziggysego

They've relaunched their website www.GaelicLife.com Not much on it at the moment though.
Testing Accessibility

Goldengreen

Anyone else notice that in this weeks GL for the Nation football Fantasy Football tables, it was only the top 100 listed, anyone know where you can get the full list.

muppet

Quote from: redandblack4ever on April 13, 2011, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 26, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: redandblack4ever on March 25, 2011, 11:18:22 PM
I got Mr. redandblack4ever a subscription to Gaelic Life last August. We both look forward to getting on-line on Friday mornings to read all the latest. It was money well spent.

You should pay double.

Why should we pay double, because we live in the US?  You're a fool.

No, because the two you read it.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Prefer the new look. Classier looking with plenty to read over the weekend. Also good to see a few of the articles embracing other sports. Sometimes GAA publications can come across as having a serious chip on the shoulder regarding the mention of soccer or rugby.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Did the hallion get the chop? 

ONeill

Long overdue in my honest opinion.

NP 76

Agree totally Oneill waste of a page with the Hallion also thought that True Gael piece also stupid . Was a bit surprised that there wasnt a mention of St Colmans winning back to back Hogans a great achievement

ck

Quote from: NP 76 on April 22, 2011, 02:54:37 PM
Agree totally Oneill waste of a page with the Hallion also thought that True Gael piece also stupid . Was a bit surprised that there wasnt a mention of St Colmans winning back to back Hogans a great achievement

Gaelic life regularly misses obvious stories like this. They covered 1st round McRory games and missed out on Sigerson matches, now they are covering club league games and missing out on St.Colmans winning the All-Ireland. I appreciate their urge to get down into grass roots, but ignoring colleges games and bigger schools games surely is poor judgement? I would guess that their sales would increase if they covered these?

ONeill

Just checked, would the fact that the Gaelic Life had 2 stories on the Hogan Cup win sort of make your point pretty redundant?

ck

Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2011, 10:05:10 PM
Just checked, would the fact that the Gaelic Life had 2 stories on the Hogan Cup win sort of make your point pretty redundant?

It certainly would. I have to say, I didnt notice any St.Colmans stories though. O'Neill do you work for GL?. To know that they ran precisely two stories is strong attention to detail to say the least!

redcard

Quote from: ck on April 23, 2011, 12:18:17 AM

It certainly would. I have to say, I didnt notice any St.Colmans stories though. O'Neill do you work for GL?. To know that they ran precisely two stories is strong attention to detail to say the least!

He used to. O'Neill = the Halllion

ONeill

I just checked the paper. Easily enough done.

Quote from: redcard on April 23, 2011, 12:34:03 AM

He used to. O'Neill = the Halllion

How dare you! That's like being accused of being some horrible villian from Batman.