Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: The Worker on November 19, 2010, 08:10:23 PM

I don't see why the persist with this drivel, otherwise a good read.

Spot on, pure tripe.  I'd even rather have Newton Emerson or the boy from the Irish News a few years ago who wrote his GAA diary - began with D - Donny?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2010, 11:23:35 PM
Quote from: The Worker on November 19, 2010, 08:10:23 PM

I don't see why the persist with this drivel, otherwise a good read.

Spot on, pure tripe.  I'd even rather have Newton Emerson or the boy from the Irish News a few years ago who wrote his GAA diary - began with D - Donny?

Same. Tripe never read that shite.
Never fail to buy the paper i'm glad it's goin strong
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bennydorano

Read it regularly up until this Spring /Summer and haven't bought it since. It covers it's bases brilliantly but it's coverage is nearly too widely spread and i found I had little interest in most of what was in it.   I also found myself totally disagreeing with everything written about Armagh, the armagh correspondent just seemed way off the mark to me most of the time.  If they lost Brolly sales would plummet I'd imagine - always the first thing I would've read.

ck

Rather strangely I have only recently started reading GL and I think it's excellent. My main problem is it's availability. I travel for work and can rarely find it in main retail outlets especially across Belfast, Antrim and Down.
The fact that GL is still going strong shows how they have hit the mark and are totally inside the heads of the average Ulster gael.

Norf Tyrone

I think it's excellent. I think any GAA follower that has any doubt about it they should pay the £1 regardless. Any publication that gives weekly coverage of our sport should be supported.

A £1 is nothing. Well for most folk.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Glensman

Quote from: ck on December 23, 2010, 12:39:04 AM
Rather strangely I have only recently started reading GL and I think it's excellent. My main problem is it's availability. I travel for work and can rarely find it in main retail outlets especially across Belfast, Antrim and Down.
The fact that GL is still going strong shows how they have hit the mark and are totally inside the heads of the average Ulster gael.

You should get a subscription for Christmas.

Sometimes problematic in that it arrives on a Monday (after the weekend's games which it is reviewing in anticipation)...but when it does get there on the Saturday its great.

cornafean

Quote from: Glensman on December 23, 2010, 12:50:48 PM

You should get a subscription for Christmas.

Sometimes problematic in that it arrives on a Monday (after the weekend's games which it is reviewing in anticipation)...but when it does get there on the Saturday its great.

That's strange, GL can be found pretty much all over Cavan early every Friday morning.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

DuffleKing

Haven't read the tyrone times in years

Joxer

Good article by Jarlath Burns today about the Schools finals and the amount of kids turning up at it off their heads with drinnk.

Devenny on the other hand is a tool.  Dont know why they let him write anything!

Armaghgeddon

This was posted a while ago I know but Centra do sell the GL - especially the one across the road from the bot.

Feckitt

Gaelic Life is a great paper.  Another brilliant article today by Brolly.  I get the impression that he just sits down and types it up in 15minutes, and he is still brilliant.

ck

GL has one major flaw... Brendan Devenney. He spouts awful tripe. It's now the only article that I never read.

5 Sams

Quote from: Feckitt on March 25, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
Gaelic Life is a great paper.  Another brilliant article today by Brolly.  I get the impression that he just sits down and types it up in 15minutes, and he is still brilliant.
You 100% right Francie :-\
The Aristocrat Years

bigpaul

I too get the impression he types it up in 15minutes!

ck

Aye Brolly hit nail on the head today. Getting a weight lifter with no clue about football to train the team seems crazy. Then again if Armagh were winning games then you would see meat heads on every touch line in the country.. but they arent winning are they.

The tactics thing is interesting also. Armagh, the new puke football. To me any manager doing the old all men behind the ball tactic clearly has no faith in his defence.. or maybe himself?

Well done Joe Brolly.