Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Chompinatthebit on January 19, 2007, 03:33:39 PM
I bought it for the last time today. very poor stuff. might leave it for a few months and try again about may or june when championship time has arrived to see does it get any better. Todays gaa coverage is way behind the Irish News and this is a complete gaa paper. Does Ronan Scott know anything about gaelic football? His top 5 hardmen of football at the minute include Francie Bellew (no problem there), Tomas O'Se (debatable), Kevin Cassidy (definitely not but could argue a case), Ryan McMenamin (not the cleanest player but not a hard-man in the mould of Bellew) and wait for it - Paul Brady (Cavan) - Is he having a laugh!
I have also scanned over a few of Alan Rodgers' pieces and they are as bland and bad as you could get. Bad stuff all round and although it continues to look good and has potential (and I'm not saying it wouldnt appeal to others) but it just isn't for me anyway. Not in the same league for readable content as any of the dailies or the sundays.
Good luck all the same and I hope it works out.
Have a look at the hardman thread on here (Wonder where GL got the idea) I don't see Ricey mentioned. 

Captain Scarlet

bellew no complaints, cassidy is a horse but doesnt use it enough.
def not the rest. mcmenamin actually described himself as "a nasty wee c*+t on the field" in an interview.
he is dity and he openly admitted it, thats not being hard.

is it on the go in easons or anywhere around dublin.
to be fair as i stated before there is only so much you can do at this time of year.
plus there is such a concentration on football in ulster the general public dont pay as much heed to the other codes.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Pangurban

My earlier doubts re.the long term viability of this Paperare slowly being laid to rest. This is a quality production, which deserves to grow and prosper. Todays edition was excellent, with entertaining and thought provoking articles. Yes there is room for improvement, but they have hit the ground running, and hopefully will continue that momentum

Handball Ace

There is a handball tournament comimng up on 10-11 Feb which will be the biggest in the history of the sport in this country.

To make it even better for GL, it's called the ULSTER OPEN!

So what do they do? get the entire details of the competitors etc arseways. Disappointing

never kickt a ball

Brendan Crossan in the Irish News makes a good point about the woeful, inadequate programmes produced for the McKenna Cup for the journalists and spectators. This has resulted in Ciaran O'Reilly playing for QUB when he didn't, Brendan Boggs and D McCaul playing for UUJ when they were playing for Tyrone etc. So here's the call to GAELIC LIFE. Come on! You are the sponsor. Let's see the Ulster Council or yourselves produce an accurate programme which details correctly the players and their clubs. One feature of the new programme that must remain is that it remains FREE. Maybe by Semi-final stage this can be addressed.  ???

realredhandfan

What about the programme coming free with the paper.  £1 at the game.. .  Im full of ideas for this new paper...

ziggysego

Cathal McCarron's name wasn't on the programme for last Sunday's game against Derry.
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2007, 02:59:04 PM
Cathal McCarron's name wasn't on the programme for last Sunday's game against Derry.
None of the "University four" were Ziggy. The programme went up to 28 and the new boys wore 29, 30 and 31. I also think one of them wore 23 instead of Ricey. Mustn't have a number 32 in the kit?

Mid Mon

Anyone get to read this mornings issue?

ziggysego

I think that Club Notes would be a welcome addition to the Gaelic Life.
Testing Accessibility

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: ziggysego on January 26, 2007, 02:41:34 PM
I think that Club Notes would be a welcome addition to the Gaelic Life.
I really don't see how myself...

BTW look out for the piece on Fintona in the Tyrone Scene pages!

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 26, 2007, 02:55:57 PM
look out for the piece on Fintona in the Tyrone Scene pages!

Noticed that ;)
Testing Accessibility

aontroim

Any improvement on the number of pages relating to Hurling in this issue?

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: aontroim on January 26, 2007, 03:13:09 PM
Any improvement on the number of pages relating to Hurling in this issue?
Are you now living in Donegal and wrote a letter to them? ;)

aontroim

Was meant to go to Donegal a spin today funny enough - but still deeply rooted in Antrim.